• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using 1 movieclip in multiple swf's. possible?

Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ls,

I was wondering if it is possible to have a movieclip that you can like export and then share in multiple .swf files.

This, without importing them from external libraries in the .fla files afcourse.

So like i have a movieclip containing different type tile bitmaps (i do that why im asking)

I use these tiles in the editor and in the game .swf;

Changing the(adding to) graphics has me importing the mc from from one .fla into the other.

Is it possible to make mc in a .fla, export it and dynamicly import it?

Or can I read the library from the other .fla dynamically?

Regards,

mac

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

So, and I'm asking not arguing, all i have to do is make a .swf with all my movieclips in there and no code.

correct, but you must assign a class to each movieclip in the swf's library that you want to use.

Then load the swf and use the assigned class in my code in different modules.

yes

Then, when adding graphics to the movieclips, i dont even have to recompile my code?

correct, any change to the graphics of your movieclips will be reflected in all the swf's that load that movieclip containing resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can dynamically load an external swf and any movieclip exported for actionscript with a class assigned in the external swf is available to the loading swf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad!

So, and I'm asking not arguing, all i have to do is make a .swf with all my movieclips in there and no code.

Then, when adding graphics to the movieclips, i dont even have to recompile my code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, but you must assign a class to each movieclip in the swf's library that you want to use.

yes

correct, any change to the graphics of your movieclips will be reflected in all the swf's that load that movieclip containing resource swf.  no code needs to be redone or recompiled to reflect the graphic changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again.

Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines