• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Georgia font for smaller font sizes

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minion Pro has a "relative" for smaller font sizes-Minion Pro Caption.

Is there is sth analogous for the Georgia font-a version of it specifically for smaller font sizes.

I searched in Typekit but i found nothing.

As a sidenote,what impresses me more is the fact that typekit does not list at all Georgia-a so usual font found in the web today.

How can that be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's a Microsoft font…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_%28typeface%29

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 26, 2011 Dec 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Georgia was part of Microsoft's core fonts for the Web package and is preinstalled by default on Apple Macintosh and Windows-based computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, is there a font, related to Georgia, which is specifically for smaller font sizes in the way Minion Pro Caption is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

specifically for smaller font sizes in the way Minion Pro Caption is?

Here are some links to Adobe's fonts that feature that optical-sizing business:

http://www.adobe.com/type/topics/opticalsize.html

http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=searchFonts&type=category&ca...

I can't say that I'd compare any of these to Georgia; I don't know which features of Georgia you're trying to find elsewhere. Honestly, I hate Georgia whenever I see it so I can't tell you if one of those fonts is "related to Georgia." Depending on which features of Georgia you're looking for in another font, you might find what you need here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Georgia is already optimized for small sizes, at least in Windows browsers. The design was intended for text sizes on screen, and the hinting makes it work pretty well down to quite small sizes.

Miller is a rough analog of Georgia, by the same designer (Matthew Carter), intended for text and display in print. On screen the "text" version would be great for smaller headings, and the "display" version for really large sizes. But Georgia is already the small version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tips and info- i will study them and make a decision.

Of course i just might use Georgia in a smaller scale-most probably.

The intention is to use it in the left column of my site, in a smaller scale, in comparison with Georgia which exists in the central column which it will

be about 2px bigger.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines