Skip navigation
chips7335@surewest.net
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom "Open With," "Open As..." Links to Photoshop 5.1 grayed out.

Dec 28, 2011 6:21 PM

Tags: #lightroom #photoshop #broken_links #3.6

I am working with the latest versions of Photoshop, Lightroom & ACR. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the links to Photoshop from Lightroom were all grayed out. for example when I right click on an image and select "Open With," it and all of the rest of the links to Photoshop are grayed out and inaccessable. I have been using Photoshop since v2 ansd Lightroom since v1.  My operating system in Win 7.

I read some related messages in the forum and followed advice to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop to reestablish the links. I spent about two hours doing that yesterday. when I was done the links were back and functional. I left the compluter on all night to make sure everything was backed up. This morning I opened Lightroom (64bit) and attempted to open an image in Photoshop for editing. All of the links were grayed out again.

So today I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom. Still no luck.

Please, if anybody has insight regarding this issue please let me know.

Thanks, Jim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2011 9:27 PM   in reply to chips7335@surewest.net

Personally I'd try Photoshop again after the Lightroom reinstall, just so I'd done it in both Orders. Photoshop>Lightroom and Lightroom>Photoshop. I had to do this ages ago and it worked. YMMV. Otherwise look at deleting the preferences files.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2011 11:45 AM   in reply to Seán McCormack

I have also just noticed this problem. When I try to "Edit in Photoshop" it is greyed out, I recentlly had a problem in Bridge where I couldn't open psd files into PS, in - edit/prferences/ file associations, all the the list had "none" beside them so I had to browse to Photoshop exe. and re-instate them seperately because when I tried to "Restore Defaults" the complete list disappeared. I was wondering if this is connected to the above problem so if anyone can help it would be deeply appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2011 8:51 AM   in reply to chips7335@surewest.net

Thank you Jim I have done as you suggested and re-installed PS and now all is well

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to chips7335@surewest.net

Could it be that you have some kind of registry cleaner or anti-virus software that reverses your actions periodically?

Beat

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points