Skip navigation
BarbLeeB
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with logo size when converted to eps

Dec 29, 2011 7:27 AM

I am brand new to Illustrator. I have created a logo and converted it to an eps file. My problem is that when I use the logo, it is a big square with a lot of empty space on the bottom. I sized the art board to the area around the logo but when I convert it I still get this big square with the logo on the top part when I paste it into my word document. How do I get it cropped down to the correct size. I have someone waiting for this and I can't even get it in a format they can use.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2011 8:57 AM   in reply to BarbLeeB

Sounds like there is a hidden element somewhere forcing the entire document to wherever that element is, even outside the artboard.  Just a hunch.  Do a Command Y ( Mac ) or Control Y ( PC ) to see outlines.  Then, do a "Select All" and see if the element shows up anywhere.  Find it and delete it.  Now, maybe there is no hidden element.  This is what I do for every logo I've prep'd:  A.) if the artwork is 2" h x 3" w ( hypothetically speaking ), set your artboard size to 3 x 5.  Set an imaginary holding line to the 3x5 size by applying a rectangle 3x5 with no stroke and no fill > then Lock it ( Object > Lock selection ).  You may benefit by Exporting the artwork as an RGB .tiff and using that in Word.  However, you can import or insert an .eps in Word, but whatever works better.  Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to BarbLeeB

I had a similar issue with the logo few months back, but it's solved after some carefull tweaks. You method is working, I have tested it.

free joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 templates | free wordpress themes

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points