Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS5.1 stopped working

Dec 31, 2011 9:47 AM

Tags: #cs5 #extended

I have a problem with this one "thing" I did with Photoshop Extended. Every time I try to ray trace it (draft or final, it doesn't matter), I get the error message "Photoshop CS5.1 stopped working", and it always happens in the same spot (see the screenshot). I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64x and I have 8GB memory and all the drivers and updates are up to date. I'm new with this 3D stuff, I just recently upgraded to Extended, so I have no idea what's going on. The file size is only 2.3 Mb, so it can't be too big to handle. It could be that it's too complex, because I made the basic shape with the Ellipse tool and Rectangle Tool and then I stroke the path with soft brush, but I didn't get any message of it being too complex, which has happened to me before but I haven't got this stopped working message until now. I don't have any problem with any other 3D "things" I've tried recently.

Untitled-1.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 1, 2012 3:30 AM   in reply to Markus_T

Check your graphics driver. All that 3D stuff uses GPU acceleration and bad drivers/ bad config makes it bomb out.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points