Skip navigation
phibot
Currently Being Moderated

premiere elements 10 timeline dragging problem

Jan 1, 2012 1:02 PM

Tags: #problem #premiere #drag #timeline

Hi .. I have installed Premiere Elements 10.0 Trial version and am seeing a problem with the user interface when I drag a clip within the timeline.

The screen-image from the top part of the user-interface  becomes the background of the timeline section when a clip is dragged within the timeline - see attached images (before dragging, and during dragging).

I saw there was a Java runtime issue for Lion, so I have now installed this - didn't fix the issue (unless I have to reinstall PRE after I've installed the runtime).

I am running the following system:

MacBook Pro 13-inch, Early 2011

Processor  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

Any thoughts welcomed, thanks,

Adam

[UPDATE] I see this is a known issue.

PRE_before_drag_in_timeline.jpgPRE_during_drag_in_timeline.jpg

Message was edited by: phibot

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 1, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to phibot

What model of camcorder did the video come from that's on Video 2? I'm guessing it's not the same as the video on Video 1.

The watermarks you're seeing and lack of video image indicate that the video needs to be rendered in order to be seen. However, rendering has been disabled in the trial version.

If your project is properly set up to match the camcorder video you're using, you should NOT see red lines above the clips on your timeline (as you do) and you should not have to render the video until you add effects to it.

What camcorders is your video coming from? And which project settings did you select when you set up your Premiere Elements project? Your project settings will need to match your video specs exactly in order for you to work natively with the video (that means you don't have to render it).

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2012 7:37 AM   in reply to phibot

It could be something that iTunes does. I run Premiere Elements 10 on my OSX Lion and have never seen anything like that -- especially with DV-MOV files.

Have you tried capturing a DV clip from the Canopus into Premiere Elements to see if that eliminates the problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Steve,

I have started seeing more issues with newer iTunes, and Adobe programs recently. Do not know if Apple has changed something in iTunes, or it's just coincidental. Apple has not been friendly to Adobe programs for sometime, but mainly with regard to their programs on a PC - fewer issues with Apple stuff and Adobe on a Mac.

I seldom update my iTunes, just because of all those reports. As an aside, I also dislike the changes in the iTunes GUI with the recent versions, so only update, when the older versions cause issues, then I do a System Restore Point (on my PC), in case I have to roll back the iTunes.

Same thing with QuickTime on my PC. I stick with a version that I consider "known good," and only update, after I read good reports from others, who have moved to a newer version - still do the System Restore Point, just in case.

Good luck to the OP,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2012 5:20 PM   in reply to phibot

Sorry. I don't understand what's going on. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 2:21 PM   in reply to phibot

Is there a solution to this yet?  It is VERY ANNOYING.  The problem is still persistent a year later and I am running Mountain Lion.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 3:13 PM   in reply to gbekmezian

Have you also, like the previous poster, updated iTunes and QT recently?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 3:23 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Have you contacted Adobe Tech Support? As we've advised, this isn't likely a problem we can resolve on this forum since no one else here is experiencing it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points