Skip navigation
aclaney
Currently Being Moderated

CS3 not opening on PowerMac G5

Jan 3, 2012 9:02 AM

Tags: #cs3 #issue #apple

Before we left for the weekend everything was fine, now 2 computers have the same issue.

CS3 on PowerPC G5 OS10.5.8 - Bridge loads fine, all other apps seem to load and operate normally.  CS3 gets to the Blue Splash screen and then I get the spinning wheel of death.  Why isn't it loading, what do I need to do? 

Called Adobe and they directed me here.  The guy on the phone knew what the problem was and wouldn't tell me because "your product is no longer supported."  WTH? - you know what it is and you can' tell me?  Nice!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2012 9:05 AM   in reply to aclaney

This Forum is supposed to get locked today, you may have to continue over at

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/general

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated?

As with all unexplainable Photoshop-problems you might try trashing the prefs (after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed) by keeping command-alt-shift pressed on starting the program or starting from a new user-account.

System Maintenance (repairing permissions, purging PRAM, running cron-scripts, cleaning caches, etc.) might also be beneficial, Onyx has been recommended for such tasks.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/onyx.html (Note that you might have to dearch for a version suited for your OS.)

Weeding out bad fonts never seems to be a bad idea, either. (Validate your fonts in Font Book and remove the bad ones.)

If 3rd party plug-ins are installed try disabling them to verify if one of those may be responsible for the problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points