Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore cs4 creates invalid disc image (iso file)

Jan 3, 2012 10:47 AM

I have a video I edit in premiere cs4, exported an .mpg file that I import into encore to create a DVD. This works mostly fine (I have to delete the .xmp* file before importing to encore).

Today I edited the video, re-encoded the mpg file using quality 5 and 2 pass vbr, and added a slide show (about 6 photos) to the encore project. It also builds fine to a disc image (iso file). But when I try to burn the iso file using windows 7, it tells me the iso image is invalid. I tried imgburn and got an  error message like this:

session 1 track 1 MODE1 .... 2054

dvd format: MODE1 .... 2048

If I ask imgburn to continue it then says something about CSS and encryption, which I don't use, so I assume the iso file is too messed up.

I burned a DVD5 directly from encore, and it works in a dvd player.

Any idea why this invalid iso happens and whether there is a work-around?

Since cs4 is not the latest version, I assume there is no hope of bug fix?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2012 1:15 PM   in reply to avpromedia

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 12:13 AM   in reply to avpromedia

There seem to be major problems in the disc creation process. I am struggling since several days now and I am not able to produce a working Blu-Ray Disk or iso image with Encore 5.5:

- when producing Blu-Ray ISO images, you get an ISO that is recognized as DVD iso in all virtual drive programs. Therefore, you cann not burn them on a BD-R disc, also viewing them is not possible because it is a "DVD with blu-ray content".

- when burning directly to disk, Encore does not close the sessing. This means, the Disk is not playable on all home Blue-Ray players. It was playable on my computer, but after closing the session manually the disc was a coaster.

- when burning on a virtual burner (Virtual CD 10), the Blue-Ray plays ok on my computer, but I am NOT able to make a ISO image from this disk because some errors (unreadable blocks) on the disk are reported during creation and image creation stops.

- from time to time (not reproduceable), Encore produces an additional AACS folder on the created Blu-Ray.

I am an experienced user and dont have any issues with other software solutions, but with Encore I was not able to get any usable results so far.

Win 7 x64 SP1

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to TschensBrems

I am not able to produce a working Blu-Ray Disk or iso image with Encore 5.5:

Encore CS5 (not 5.1); iso mounted with Daemon Tools Lite and played on TotalMedia Theater 5 shows as a BD disk, and plays fine. I have burned BD disks that play fine.

I would post a new thread re the BD problem, since avpromedia is dealing with DVD issues. (I have not had problems with routine DVD iso or folder builds and burns.)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 5:34 AM   in reply to avpromedia

avpromedia, as a test, I would create a new project and try the project, or a simple test project, there. I do not have a problem with the processes you describe, and suspect that this project is corrupt.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to avpromedia

I don't think creating it again will help. But it probably wouldn't hurt either!

I would look for more general performance issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 1:14 PM   in reply to avpromedia

I am running into this exact same error with an Encore project that previously had no issues.  No changes have been made.  I'm wondering if something changed with ImgBurn?  I tried burning an iso I had previously created, but got the error in the original post of this thread:

Session 1, Track 1

IMage track format: MODE1/2054

DVD track format: MODE1/2048

So I opened the original Encore project (which uses original, DVD formatted (no transcode required) files rendered out of Premiere), and the new ISO returned the same error when I attempted to burn with ImgBurn.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 3:08 PM   in reply to digabyte

I am finding that this happens with any and all Encore projects I have created in the past (which leads me to believe something has changed with ImgBurn?).

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 5:24 PM   in reply to digabyte

I would post your question on the imgBurn forum:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?act=idx

The lastest release is 2.5.7.0, March 2012.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points