SWF files will not play in version 11.1.102.55

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System: Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit operating system

Computer: Toshiba Satellite A205 laptop

Browser: Firefox 9.0.1 and IE Explorer 8.0.6001.19170

I use swf files to show 360 degree views of my products.  All of the swf files were working fine until version 11.1.102.55 came out.  Now just a blank spot is shown where the image is supposed to be.  Here is an example: http://www.downunderweb.com/store/MI_SAD235.html

I have tried viewing my site on multiple computers and browsers with the same results - nothing shows in 11.1.102.55 but the swf files work just fine on prior versions of flash.  I have spoken with other web owners that have the same problem.  Was the new version of flash not backward compatible with some SWF files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Thanks, ralphk.  I am not using 64 bit windows so this wouldn't be an issue.  I have now recompiled all of my swf images with the latest version of Object2vr and the files now display correctly in all browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if anything in this topic helps: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/840921

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please can someone help me find a solution for this?  All of a sudden, many of my client's SWF flash movies are no longer playing.  It says "Movie Not Loaded", and it's greyed out.  I don't believe I have any problems with paths - everything is in the root.

This movie has been playing in browsers for years, now we get a big black screen (?)  http://liveonthebayou.com/

Can anyone help please?

Message was edited by: webworkspro (Corrected the URL)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Pat.  I checked it out but I do not have any path issues.  The problem is ONLY with swf files that I have had on my website for a year.  They worked perfectly before December 3rd and stopped working after that time.  They still work fine if an older version of Flash Player is used.  I'm pretty sure that there is an swf file backwards compatiblity issue with version 11.1.102.55.  I have spoken with others who have the exact same problem.

I recompiled one of my swf files using the latest version of Object2vr and it will show properly on my site.  I am now in the process of recompiling the remaining 50 swf files in order to make my site work again.

I would still be interested in knowing if there is a fix for this issue other than recompiling the swf files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked on the Microsoft site and received the follwing info....adobe flash will not play on 64 bit windows 7. However a second version of Internet explorer is supplied with windows 7 in the path

c:\Program files(x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe   If you open this your flash should play. Mine did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, ralphk.  I am not using 64 bit windows so this wouldn't be an issue.  I have now recompiled all of my swf images with the latest version of Object2vr and the files now display correctly in all browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines