Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

An error has occurred while updating article layouts. The InDesign file for the layout cannot be...

Jan 4, 2012 9:15 AM

When trying to complete the tutorial for indesign I get the following error when trying to add an article to my folio:

"An error has occurred while updating article layouts. The InDesign file for the layout cannot be found."

I am able to create the folio then I click into articles. My document "WiFi_v.indd" is open when clicking add article, but I keep getting this error message.

I am using the following versions of the software (Should be the latest).

- Folio Builder (Downloaded version Version 1.1.8.0)

reported version:

11.4.3.20111129_m672305 7.5.5.17

Adobe In Design 7.5.2 CS 5.5

Also tried reinstalling the plugins (uninstall + install)

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,649 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2012 7:39 AM   in reply to blasto333

It's hard to tell what the problem is based on your description. Have you ever been able to create an article? If you create a simple 1024x768 document (Intent = Web; Size = 1024x768) and save it, can you create a folio? Can you then click Add to create an article? If so, your tools are working properly.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 5, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

I had this issue when I create a new file and saved it over a place holder file in a folio. Get that error when trying to update the folio.

Now I just drag the pages from one to the other to avoid it.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 10:20 AM   in reply to blasto333

Instead of doing a save as and copying over the original file, I had both open and dragged the pages from the new file to the old.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 2:43 AM   in reply to blasto333

If you're on Mac OS with the OS in another language than english the "User" folder might contain a non english character and causing problems.

I e in Sweden the Mac OS user-folder is called "Användare". When attempting uploading articles from a file locaded anywere this "Användare" is in the file path the Folio producer says Error finding InDesign layout, due to -what i think is-the "ä" in Användare. If you still want to work local you can place the InDesign files directly into the Macintosh HD. In this case the User folder is not used.

BR

Henrik

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to blasto333

I have had the same issue except the solution you got didn't help me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, restarted the software and the machine, made sure my software is up to date, I dragged the pages one to the next, and I didn't see anything wrong in the "users" section. Even when I create a new article and leave it untouched (just to try to see if that would work) it will at least say that it's downloading. But, if I look at it on the Folio Producer it says that the file is corrupt, delete it and to try again. So when I delete and try to reload the article it says shows the orignial error. Help!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2012 11:21 PM   in reply to Double.M

Do you have any network volumes mounted?

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to Henrik Lideberg

Yes

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 11:36 PM   in reply to Double.M

Ok.

I've sometimes some problems with mounted network volumes.

When unmounting then, it works again.

Try unmounting unnecessary volumes, and try again.

Or try working local and unmount all network volumes.

Hope you'll get it to work.

BR

Henrik

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 2:17 AM   in reply to Henrik Lideberg

Thank you for that hint – I could solve the exact same problem bei deactivating my network volumes.

I am quite upset though, as this took me quite some time to find in a timecritical project. I wouldnt recommend the whole DPS to anyone yet. Its a bug army.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points