Skip navigation
chris78p
Currently Being Moderated

Uninstall PSE 10 how to deactivate

Jan 6, 2012 11:10 AM

Tags: #pse10

I have had PSE 10 installed on my PC running Windows XP with service pack 3 for about 3 weeks now.  Everything worked fine until 3 days ago now when I get the welcome screen and click on edit I get 2 error messages the first is "This application failed to start because onONE TOOL BOX 2.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem."  The second message is "This application failed to start because on ONE CORE FOUNDATION.dll was not found.  Re-installing etc."  I inserted the installation disk 1 and it says that it will unstall PSE 10 but first to deactivate and remove any serial number used when installing.  Do I need to do this even though I am re-installing on the same computer? and if so how do I do this?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. chris78p

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2012 11:28 AM   in reply to chris78p

see this is not mandatory when u r trying on the same system ,but to be on the safer side

and as i can see that u cannot get into the application then u can just un-install it an install it

and if there is any error realted to the activation u can contact ADOBE SUPPORT  and then they will help u in this

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2012 5:35 PM   in reply to chris78p

It's not mandatory to dectivate if you're going to install it on the same hardware, but if you want to play it safe, go to Help>Deactivate in the editor.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2012 8:34 PM   in reply to chris78p

Do not re-install PSE.  The application the error message is referring to is the OnOne plug-in.  Uninstall that and re-install that plug-in again.

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points