Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Edge HTML files and web overlays

Jan 6, 2012 11:43 AM

Tags: #publishing #digital #suite #edge #animations

Anyone had any luck using Edge html files in their web overlays? I can't seem to get mine to work, they show up as static image files. In my example I'm trying to animate some type on a feature. When the page loads on the iPad all I get is a static image of the typography, no animation. The preview in browser when I'm in Edge works perfectly. I can't figure out why.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2012 8:57 PM   in reply to InstantCJ

What I believe it's happening with this animations is that the viewer preloads the html content, and when it appears on the page the animation has already played. Anyone from Adobe can confirm this? And if it's true... Is there a possiblity to pause the animation until the html is loaded?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to InstantCJ

I've been struggling with the same problem for a few days. The issue seems to be with the time it takes for iPad devices to communicate with the Adobe DPS server. I got round it by delaying the time that the animation starts by a couple of seconds (you have to do this in Edge, not in InDesign).

Not really a perfect solution but hopefully Adobe will sort it out soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2012 8:00 AM   in reply to InstantCJ

I just selected the whole lot and dragged it forward a couple of seconds in the timeline itself. Might be a better way but i'm not much of an expert either...

Cheers

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points