• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing ColdFusion 9 Mac localhost sites that are rerouted via virtual host on VMWare Fusion PC

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've got some localhost CF9 stuff running on my mac that are rerouted via virtual host and etc/host file to be like local.myprojectname.dev and I'm trying to set things up in VMWare Fusion PC so I can view in a browser. I've gotten as far as being able to add an IP to the PCs host file, and then pull up the root directory of the localhost but can't seem to figure out how to get the virtual host domain to work. This make any sense?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will need to configure Host header support in your web server software. Both IIS and Apache support Host headers, but they're configured differently of course.

Then, if you want those Host headers to route on your Mac host OS, you'll need to map them in /etc/hosts to your VM's IP address.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation