• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFGRID as an admin panel

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm impressed with the possibilities of CFGRID and wonder if anyone has used it as an admin panel.

Here's the scenario.

I build an event registration template which inserts user information in a database. Then the sponsors of the event

want to view that information so that they can plan for a meeting-place of suitable size, and so on. Then there are

sometimes last-minute changes and the sponsor needs to email the registrants. The sponsor also needs to be

able to edit a user's information, delete and add users, and, in general, be in charge of the data.

I was thinking of building various views to accomplish all this for the sponsors, but when I saw CFGRID, it

seemed like an all-in-one answer.

Has anyone used CFGRID in this way before? And is it appropriate for a scenario like this.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am less enthusiastic about cfgrid.  But then again, I've only looked at the flash and applet formats.  The flash format, when I was looking at it, in version 7, was read only so it had limited usefulness.

The applet version was ok in version 4.5 but from version 6 onwards it became very keyboard unfriendly.  We have a couple of data maintenance pages that use grids.  I might have to use them but I don't have to like them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation