I have many components (up to 150) rendered with addElement and would like to know if there is a faster way (or at least a direction to investigate) a way to boost this performance.
I basically take an arraycollection dataprovider and load the custom TileGroup. Right now loading about 15 elements in the tilegroup seems to take up to 15-20 sec. I can only imagine the performance at 150 components. Anyone have any ideas on how to optimize the performance?
that's a good question, I can't get my profiler to work. It always throws the error:
"Unable to connect to the application to fetch profiler data"
I've tried a number of possible solutions with no luck, even a couple solutions posted in threads here.
If you have any new ideas as to how to fix this error, please let me know. Thanks.
I'm adding a custom component that extends Spark Group to act as a container with an optional background and also to house another component (that extends a group) that can be dropped into a grid full of these containers. there are about 230 containers and can be up to 100 other components that can be dropped onto the grid of containers. Yes, they are all on one view at the same time.
So far i've gotten much better performance by changing mxml components to pure actionscript. But i was curious if there is a better way to make the performance fly.
I just had my machine at work upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 and noticed the Profiler would not connect anymore. The solution for me was to remove (delete or rename) my existing mm.cfg file. Hope this helps.