Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Could not load scene into memory. Your document may be damaged.

Jan 10, 2012 11:14 AM

I've had this happen to a few documents opened in Flash Pro CS4 and CS5.5. It looks like the issue is with the paths to library assets. For instance, If I have imported a jpeg file and then move the folder that the original jpeg resides in, Flash may give me this error the next time I start it and open the FLA file that uses that asset.

So the short of it is that Flash is giving an unhelpful and possibly misleading error. The solution seems to be to walk through your FLA file's library and relink assets that seem to be missing their content. Or start over from scratch if you're a glutton for punishment.

The long of it is that, if I look at the properties of an errant library item, what I see is an absolute path to it's source. That probably means that if I take the project and it's assets anywhere on a portable drive then there's a fair chance I'll break the project. And if I move a folder full of source assets in relation to the FLA file then Flash will definitely give me this error. Although it may be that flash is storing absolute paths and calculating relative paths before trying the absolute one

Furthermore, the absolute path Flash is giving me is like .\d$\remoteFolder\remoteFolder\myFile.png. If I relink the library item to the asset the path gets rewritten as \\myServer\remoteFolder\remoteFolder\myFile.png

Anyway, at the very least it'd be better if Flash could come up with a better error message. Ideally, It'd give you a dialog list/table of all the mislinked library items and help you to relink them quickly.

Rob Mack

Replies
  • kglad
    72,228 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 10, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to rmack350

i've not run into that problem and i routinely move files from my home and work computer which invalidates all the imported asset paths.

i would think those paths would only be a problem if you tried to "update" those assets without correcting the path.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to rmack350

Hi Rob,

You mentioned that you were seeing this issue in CS5.5. Can you check the version number in the about box for me? Is it showing 11.5.0 or 11.5.1? We are aware of this issue and have released an update (11.5.1) for CS5.5 to fix this. If your version is 11.5.1 and you still experience this issue, please email the complete step and or file to me at FlashAuthBetaBugs@adobe.com. Before emailing please zip your file, change .zip extension to .zzz and send me that.

Thanks,

Quynh

Flash Pro, QE

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2012 12:07 AM   in reply to rmack350

I had the same problem, except Flash CS5.5 just crashed and now the file wont work.  I have lost a whole day's work!

Joe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)