Skip navigation
behseini
Currently Being Moderated

How to Draw a Fixed Length Line & Trim Outer Drawing

Jan 12, 2012 10:32 AM

Tags: #photoshop_cs5.5

Hi everyone,

Using Photoshop CS5.5, I was wondering if

• 1- Is there a way to draw a fixed length line shape( like what we have in Rectangle)?
  • 2- Is there any Tool like Trim* in AutoCAD available in Photoshop ? (* The TRIM allows to shorten an entity to an intersection or remove a section of an entity between two intersections.In case of Photoshop can be insterstions between shapes.)Lets say I want to draw a line exactly inside a rectangle shape without any outer overlay.

Thanks for rour time in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to behseini

1. yes... fixed size marquee. Select marquee and in main bar click on style button, select fixed size, enter dimensions.

2. yes... selecting the section inversing and cutting the object by selecting that layer.

G

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to behseini

firstly: you can draw a line by clickink on the pen tool, look at the main bar, select the line tool. you can adjust weight etc.

ok... seco

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 11:16 AM   in reply to behseini

oops... dunno what happened...

ok... lets say you have a rectangle with a star overlapping it  (in separate layers). command click the rectangle thumbnail in the layers panel, then select the star layer, press command-shift-i to invert the selection and then press command x to cut it.

G

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points