Skip navigation
Dinhmc01539
Currently Being Moderated

How to get full source file name in Exporter SDK

Jan 13, 2012 1:14 AM

Tags: #exporter_api

Hi,

I'm making an Exporter Plug-in using SDK 5.5.

I want to get the path and extension of the source file (when export file) and path of the sequence (when export sequence).

Especially the extension of the source file, which is always be replaced by the output extension.

I can't find it in the SDK guide and sample. Sorry if I'm being a noob.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 13, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to Dinhmc01539

Sequences are generally made up of multiple clips edited together.  It's rare that a user would take a single clip and reexport it.  So there isn't usually a one-to-one relationship between source file and exported file.  Because of that, PPro provides the sequence name as the default file name.

If you did need to get at the source files, you could do it only under specific circumstances - only when exporting directly from PPro, or when loading a clip directly into AME, but not when exporting a sequence from PPro through AME.  You would need to use the Video Segment Suite to parse the timeline segments, as demonstrated in the player sample code in videoSequenceParser->ParseSequence().  This is quite a complicated process and not something worth pursuing unless absolutely necessary.

Regards,

Zac

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points