Skip navigation
graphicagenda
Currently Being Moderated

Remove a Layer Option Color Option

Jan 13, 2012 11:01 PM

Tags: #layers #option #layer_set

I cannot stand it when I make a new layer in Illustrator and the color hint becomes yellow. This usually happens on the third new layer into every project. I can go in and manually change it from yellow to the ten plus other colors, but I just want yellow completely out of the list. It's awful to look at, and I think every other color is easier.

Please help me remove the yellow.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2012 1:34 AM   in reply to graphicagenda

You'll probably have to hack one of AI's configuration files.... Other thsan that there is no way to edit such stuff.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to graphicagenda

I couldn't agree more. It is impossible to see the handles and hints on a white artboard when the layer color is yellow. I change it manually every time. Adobe should let us edit the layer color options or REMOVE the yellow one, IMHO . . . . Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 8:28 AM   in reply to Mylenium

Hi Mylenium — any idea which config file it might be? I am willing to give it a try. . . Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2013 11:48 PM   in reply to ellencarnahan

Yelllow is VERY helpful at times. Just because you don't use it, you shouldn't dismiss it.

But I can see how a list of options to allow/disallow colors would help. I find the black highlight color to be more useless than any other color.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2014 5:03 PM   in reply to [scott w]

What even worse is that yellow seems to be automatically assigned to the root symbol layer. It may be useful in some rare cases, but most of the time it is a great annoyance.

How hard is that to allow customizing the colour list? a day of coding and testing?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points