Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CANNOT LOGIN ADOBE CONTENT VIEWER ON PLAYBOOK

Jan 14, 2012 1:29 PM

Other users have reported this problem and I am CERTAIN, that I am entering my correct Adobe username and password.

Can someone please resolve this rather basic/simple issue for the Adobe Content Viewer on BlackBerry Playbook.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 15, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to akshaynand

I am experiencing the same issue.  I keep getting the message "Authorization Failed."  I tried Adobe online support, no help at all there.  THey kept calling my playbook a Nook.  It's NOT a Nook, it's a playbook.  They just can't get Nook out of their heads.  Anyways, they thought I needed to authorize my device with Adobe Digital Editions.  There's no way to do this.  You can only authorize the computer you have ADE installed on.  They suggested connecting my "Nook" via USB to my computer and ADE would recognize the connection and then prompt me to authorize the device.  Nope.  This didn't work.  I have searched the net and NOTHING.  PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SIGN IN OR AUTHORIZE OR WHATEVER I NEED TO DO TO GET CONTENT VIEWER TO WORK ON MY PLAYBOOK PLEASE!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to kc munchkin

Where you talking to some hopeless out-sourced team in India? Adobe made a real mess of this software for Playbook:

1. NO Search/Find

2. NO Bookmarks

3. NO Annotations

4. NO Authorization

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2012 8:27 AM   in reply to akshaynand

I can login - but when I go to view my test content - says I need to update my software for content view - only one problem - I have the latest? Anyone have that trouble?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 4:09 AM   in reply to akshaynand

same here. cannot login on playbook.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 7:50 PM   in reply to akshaynand

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices

Same issue here, went round un/installing in circles, logging in on the web etc... And it seems the Playbook is NOT in the officially support list of devices. 

So it's been orphaned.  :*(

There is some more support pages for the Android version, but the same issues in the FAQ (pre-logging in, checking connectivity) seem to haunt this app.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-suite/kb/troubleshoot-conten t-viewer-digital-publishing.html

If Adobe has an update I missed, please, someone reply.  Won't mind to be wrong.  :*)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points