• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distilling resets numbering properties

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with my numbering properties. It is a book-in-book document. I have all of the documents and book files set to restart numbering. I have made sure the setting are set the same in all of the book files, as well as within each individual file.

When I distill the manual, the numbering properties will reset themselves to continue numbering from previous document. It seems as if there is something going on in either the distiller settings that is causing this, since this is when it happens.

Any ideas? Has anyone else has this problem?

Thanks, Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We used to have problems with that (and this is FM7.1/Unix), usually after crashes.

The secret seems to be keeping the book properties in sync with the component file props, and the only reliable way to do that is:

• In each file (not from Book menu), set the properties desired. Save file.
  • In the Book menu, select each file in turn, and
  • Set
  • Read From File.
  • Save Book.

I haven't see any problems, even after crashes, after starting to do it this way.

I would have thought that setting the file from the book menu would have set the book and the file. Apparently not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines