Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

free subscription / build new app with viewer builder

Jan 18, 2012 10:35 AM

hi!

i have read the new manuel many times. and i have tried to build an app with viewer builder and to configure everything right in itunesconnect.

could anybody please help me or give me an advice what i have to to exactly in viewer builder and in itunes connect to build an update of our existing kiosk app with free subscription model and auto renewal subscription.

do i have to use a secret key or not for a free magazine?. which viewer type do i have to chose in viewer builder. and what is the exact function of the product id for free issues.

i also dont understand what apple means with screenshot for review in the " in app purchase" section of itunes connect. which screenshot should i post?

the "display subscription" of the "in app purchase" section in itunes connect. where do i get this display in my app?

do i have to choose only "free subscription" in itunes connect or do i also have to choose "auto renewable subscriptions"? both or only one.

my certificate to sign the build .zip app file also does not work . but i have build it correctly and newly. i will try again but i have build all certicates new.

it is not very easy to understand everything right . i can read and understand the new manual in english thats not the problem. but there are so many new functions to configure to get an newsstand autorenewable kiosk app with a free magazines.

thank you for your quick help and sorry for the many questions but i am in the prerelease since more than one year but all the new features and configurations really sound very strange to me. i tried hard the whole day.

i would like to be the first in our region to be listed in newsstand.

best regards

michael

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,629 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Jan 18, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to A.Mitterlehner

Have you downloaded the new version of the iPad Publishing Guide PDF from the Dashboard? These issues are addressed in the newest version.

>>>do i have to use a secret key or not for a free magazine?. which viewer type do i have to chose in viewer builder. and what is the exact function of the product id for free issues.

Yes, do the shared secret dance. Specify the shared secret using the Account Admin tool. In Viewer Builder, choose iTunes subscription. When you get to the subscription options section, you can choose between Paid and Free. Choose Free, and then specify the Product ID you set up in iTunes Connect. The Product ID links the subscription to your app. See http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f60c5 dd08612e5ea7d27f-7fff.html#WS9293e1fb3b977c5c-3de2b57512f0e8b6756-7fff.

>>>i also dont understand what apple means with screenshot for review in the " in app purchase" section of itunes connect. which screenshot should i post?

The screenshot you specify doesn't matter. Posting the screenshot tells Apple that your content is ready to be reviewed.

>>>the "display subscription" of the "in app purchase" section in itunes connect. where do i get this display in my app?

Subscription options appear when your customers choose to subscribe.

>>>do i have to choose only "free subscription" in itunes connect or do i also have to choose "auto renewable subscriptions"? both or only one.

Just choose one. You can't do both. If you want to charge money for your content, don't use Free Subscription. Use Auto Renewable subscription.

>>>my certificate to sign the build .zip app file also does not work . but i have build it correctly and newly. i will try again but i have build all certicates new.

Yes, make sure your certificates are valid.

>>>it is not very easy to understand everything right . i can read and understand the new manual in english thats not the problem. but there are so many new functions to configure to get an newsstand autorenewable kiosk app with a free magazines.

Right. It's not easy to navigate the developer site. It's designed for programmers, not publishers.

>>>thank you for your quick help and sorry for the many questions but i am in the prerelease since more than one year but all the new features and configurations really sound very strange to me. i tried hard the whole day.

>>>i would like to be the first in our region to be listed in newsstand.

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2012 12:48 PM   in reply to A.Mitterlehner

I have exactly these problems as well. Apple tried to help with the in-app subscription "submission", but it made no sense to me. To top it all, none of the newsstand enabled builds I tried to submit we're accepted by iTunes connect. The application loader would crap out - something to do with the mobileprovision having odd data. Finally, I just gave up on newsstand and continued publishing free content via a multi-folio viewer.

I'd really appreciate some clear pointers for the problem. To reiterate: currently publishing free content via multi folio app, would like to get on the newsstand with a free subscription to take advantage of the background downloads et al.

I believe free subscriptions for newsstand were not available in DPS when I last tried in November. Is this possible now?

Thanks,

Tushar

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,629 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Feb 2, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to TSBurman

Yes, free subscriptions are now available. Download the most recent Publishing Companion Guide PDF from the Dashboard.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points