Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to re-run the operation that is in complete status?

Jan 19, 2012 12:02 PM

This sounds funny, but here is my scenario:

I got 10 operations in a process. In the 6th step, it fetches the username to be assigned in the 7th step from the custom DB using JDBC service.

Unfortunately, the username was not maintained properly (with some mistyping in the DB). In the 7th step, I use Assign User service which takes the username got from 6th step. As it cannot find the username (as it was a mis-spelt name), the operation stalls.

If I see the status of the process,

I see

step1 - COMPLETE

step 5 - COMPLETE

step 6 - COMPLETE (fetching record from DB)

step 7 - STALLED (with error - user name doesnot exist)

i realized the error and corrected the Custom DB with right username.

Now my question is, How can I re-execute the whole process from step 6?

I checked it, but adminui doesnot allow to re-run the operations with COMPLETE status. if I rerun the step 7, there's no use as it is still holding the wrong user name.

Only option i see is asking the users to trigger it again from step 1 which doesnt make any sense for user as they think it's a re-work for them again and also there are multiple users in between the process who approves the form and they all have to rework on this.

highly appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

kc

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2012 10:48 PM   in reply to kc_chaitu

This can be done!

Do not let the Operation Stall because of Invalid Principal. Because this cannot be retried using AdminUI.

Instead, stall the Branch so that you can retry the Branch through AdminUI.

Catch the Invalid Exception from AssignTask activity and connect to a Stall activity (as shown in the attached screenshot).

This will cause your branch to stall. After correcting the UserName in DB, you can retry the branch which will resume its execution from Step 6.

exception Handling.JPG

Hope that helps..

Nith

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points