Skip navigation
Swirly Imp
Currently Being Moderated

Student Edition - Licensing Questions

Jan 19, 2012 11:42 PM

Tags: #license #upgrade #student_teacher_edition #graduation

Hi all! I am a Web Development student, and I was considering a purchase of the Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium Student and Teacher Edition.

I have read quite a few posts but couldn't find all my answers. I even chatted with Adobe online help, but he/she couldn't answer my questions either.

My question(s), and I do apologize if I'm making you repeat anything for the umpteenth time:

1. Can I design graphics and websites for clients either during my internship, or after graduation, with the Student and Teacher Edition?
  2. Can I sell anything that I create using the Student and Teacher Edition?
  3. I realize that the Student and Teacher Edition CANNOT be upgraded. Should I want to upgrade after I graduate, do I then purchase a commercial license?
  4. Not really a question, but more of a request. Alot of posts point HERE or HERE regarding upgrades, but for the life of me I cannot find a price for upgrading from the Student Teacher Edition to any other license. Could someone PLEASE point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance, for any and all help.

Debbie

Message was edited by: Swirly Imp *Edit - grammar/spelling errors, and unclear title fixed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 20, 2012 11:46 AM   in reply to Swirly Imp

Hi Debbie, thank you so much for your questions.  It can be confusing - in fact I just re-read the first piece you linked and realized it wasn't as clear as it could be, so we're doing some rewrites on the limitations of the student editions.

So on to your questions...

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Actually, they can be upgraded at any time - but only to a commercial version and not to another education version.

4. Just check Adobe's discounted pricing for regular commercial upgrades - it's exactly the same for upgrades from academic software.

Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 21, 2012 2:17 PM   in reply to Swirly Imp

Great Debbie, glad to help - and good luck with it!  Hopefully these products will be an investment that will pay you (and him) back later.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points