Adobe Premiere 5.5 has now crashed 3 times in 2 hours, bringing up an "Unexpected Error" message, enforcing closedown without saving, and additionally bringing up a "DroverLord Tab" window.
Afraid I have no idea what the DroverLord window is, or what function it has.
Using Windows 7 (v 6.1) and doing nothing particularly taxing in Premiere.
Ideas for reasons and fixes would be really useful,
Time to tell us more details if we want to help you. See: Adobe Forums: If you need help quickly... Guideline...
I just started having troubles with Premiere CS5.5 and the 'DroverLord' issue as well. Premiere is crashing at random with the error message "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Premiere to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project" (or something along those lines). the 'DroverLord-Tab' process shows up in the task manager after each crash, which is new.
I've tried scanning for viruses, resetting my workspace, updating my video drivers, repairing my installation, and it still keeps happening.
The only change I've made to my computer recently is connecting a set of speakers, but I've since removed the speakers and it's still happening.
Putting on my deepest , slowest, graveliest (whiskey) voice...
"THE DROVER LORDS"
What a great name for a movie (or a novel).
Amazed that a programmer came up with something as cool as that!
Uninstalled PPro, no luck. Uninstalled entire CS5.5 and it worked for a few days. Now it's back.
It seems to be something with the workspace or tabs layout. I have a custom effects bin with a few transitions and effects that crashes Premiere when I hover over one of the effects. Every time.
Is there really no answer to this? Nothing like working until 1:30 in the morning with a crashy program.
... custom effect bins... That might be it.
I didn't have any problems.
Custom effect bin + effects.
Week - 2
Uninstall & reinstall
Uninstall with "delete settings" & reinstall
Again custom effect bin.
Same thing (DroverLord, uninstall with settings, reinstall)
So, I'll try, does it work when not making custom effect bin.
I'll report after a week.
At least now it works
Thanks for all your helpful / non-helpful input to the original question! :-)
I can confirm that I have deleted my custom effect bins and the problem has disappeared. It seems that is the issue - Not sure what can be done about this, or how to report that to Adobe, but it definitely seems to have sorted it.