• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images on correct or incorrect answer

Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am trying to figure out how to make an image appear after a correct or incorrect answer has been selected. 

I have a multiple choice question asking about a sequence.  I would like an image to appear after an answer has been submitted.

I don't seem to be able to add an image inside of the feedback button?

Any solutions?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the default objects popping up on success/failure are text captions that cannot have images.

It is possible to achieve your goal, with advanced actions. I tried to explain functionalities and tweaking possibilities of question slides in these blog posts:

Question Question Slides

Questions... part 2

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri wrote:

No, the default objects popping up on success/failure are text captions that cannot have images.

It is possible to achieve your goal, with advanced actions. I tried to explain functionalities and tweaking possibilities of question slides in these blog posts:

Question Question Slides

Questions... part 2

Lilybiri

Lilybiri,

I wonder what your thoughts would be about using the success/fail to send the learner to a slide that shows the feedback images?  It's more work, I think, but might work?  Remove the feedback captions on the quiz slide, I think you'd have to change the failure level to 'none,' and set the 'on exit' on the feedback slides to jump to the next question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy,

That was the only possible way in versions before CP4. Have a couple of reasons why I now try to avoid such solutions:

• possible issue with quiz scope (have to explain that)
  • more slides, bigger file...
  • I often use TOC, makes the structure a lot less easy to understand with all the extra slides
  • .... and I'm an AA freak

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you help me understand how quiz scope would be a problem?

in the ToC, could you exclude those slides from displaying there, or is that just one more workflow thing to manage increasing the effort level?

And we're all aware of your AA freak-ness

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slides to be navigated to have to be in the quiz scope to avoid breaking the current quiz attempt. That is easy if you are aware of it, but not all users are, so you have to explain again about that scope.

Yes, you can hide those slides, but that is the type of work I hate. It is not that complicated to tweak the question slides to show different things from the default captions, so...

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah yes, quiz scope.  I would've put the feedback slides immediately after the question, so I didn't consider it as a problem, but I can see how someone might place them elsewhere in an effort to keep their slide flow 'clean.'

Thanks for your thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  Sounds like there is no easy solution for this situation. 

I am thinking now to have the next image in the sequence appear and disappear at the start of the next slide before the next question appear. 

It is a shame that we can't place images inside of the feedback boxes.  It seems like it would open a whole new world of possibilities in terms of bringing our content to life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was just looking for a way to do this too.  This seems like much needed functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources