Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trouble publishing flash file to exe

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to whom this may concern,

when i try to publish my flash file to a windows projector file (exe), it doesnt show up in the folder that I have it set to save to. below are images of the process i go through to publish it, and it still doesnt show up, even when i directly set the folder. i have tried restarting my computer and flash. do any of you know how i can fix this? please help!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create a new directory. 

save your fla in the new directory.

click file/publish settings/formats and tick exe and click the folder to navigate to the folder where you want to publish your .exe

publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats what i have been doing and it still doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what kind of drive is your G drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a standard usb drive. i also tried the hard drive. no luck either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've not seen or heard of this problem before.  i suspect, but am not sure, you're doing something wrong.

but rather than belabor this, it seems easy enough to use the default settings to publish and move your file to your usb drive when needed.  it doesn't make sense to repeatedly publish to your usb drive because it's so much slower than a harddrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i do for my job and ive been repeating this process for months now. i just happened to take the screen shots when i was saving it to my usb drive. normally i save it to my harddrive, i was just trying out the usb drive to see if it would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for what it's worth, i have no trouble publishing to an usb drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it's helpful, I see there's an unexpected requirement to not only check the Windows Projector box, but to also highlight that entry, otherwise I see it doesn't write to the specfied directory.

AnimateWindowsProjector.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's been more than 10 years, so unlikely to help anyone in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines