Skip navigation
roymazz
Currently Being Moderated

No Audio with MTS file imports

Jan 26, 2012 2:57 PM

Tags: #mts

I've searched and read numerous threads on this topic and no one seems to have an answer. Can someone please help.

Same 'ol story: When importing MTS files in PP 5.0 or 5.5 doesn't matter, not a trial version this is full version, the audio does not import with it. The MTS file plays the audio fine outside of PP. I've tried cleaning my media cache database and all of that.

I'm running 5.0.3. The camera I use is a Canon Vixia HF G10.

Someone is bound to have a solution out there to this. Please help!!!!!! Thank you greatly!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2012 3:08 PM   in reply to roymazz

Did you copy the full folder/file structure from the memory cards, to the HDD, and then use Media Browser to Import the files?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2012 8:07 PM   in reply to roymazz

Do you have any sound at all from PP?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2012 6:56 AM   in reply to roymazz

Roy,

I think that what Jim was asking is, do you have Audio from other files (say a known good system WAV sound) in PrPro?

This will isolate things to those MTS files, where is a known good WAV file also does not play in PrPro, points to a setting in Audio/Audio Hardware, within PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2012 8:43 AM   in reply to roymazz

Thanks for that info. OK, if the Conforming has completed, and you did Copy over the entire folder structure, then I am at a loss to explain why the Audio in those MTS files is not coming into PrPro.

Good luck, and wish that I had something else to offer.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to roymazz

Roy,

For that workflow, I would recommend ripping the Audio Stream, and then Saving/Exporting that as PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit, in lieu of the heavily-compressed MP3.

Wish that I could help with the MTS Audio Stream, but am out of ideas.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to roymazz

The same problems, I've tried all the suggested options. All Canon Legria series  produce MTS files. In CS5 no problem at all, even a separate audio-track will be created ftom a standalone MTS file. I think it's a bug in CS6. Could Adobe copy the procedure from CS5 to CS6 for MTS files? Converting files in other formats and re-import is no option of course for such an application. So at this moment we have to wait till the bug has solved and continue with CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 1:49 PM   in reply to TondeV

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Thnx! Hope there will be a fast update.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2012 8:40 PM   in reply to roymazz

I had the same problem with .mts files from a Sony camera.  After reading many forum posts, I tried some dumb luck.  I renamed a video

from  yourvideo.mts  to yourvideo.avi.   PRESTO, sound!!!  Everything seems to work perfect!!  Properties even lists the resolution correctly!!

GO  FIGURE...

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2012 12:28 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hey Bill, I am facing the same problem, with mine, yes PR6 does import and play audio with other file format such as .MP4.

I have read most of the thread concerning this issue but nobody has posted the solution or the possible reason for this error(problem).

I think it was you who suggested it is related with third party licencing issue but i doubt it. It doesn't make sense if video is editable and sound is not.

AVCHD is the common file format(I believe) for most cam corders today, if AVCHD .MTS, MT2S files are not editable in Premiere I am not sure what kind of video camera with what file format should we use?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 6, 2012 8:21 AM   in reply to masikwha

Masikwha,

I responded with a few questions in the other "No Audio" thread, where the OP was having issues with Audio from a VOB: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1077653?tstart=0

Maybe, it will be better keeping the additional discussions there, as this thread is a bit older. If you have not done so already, do read over this thread, and especially John T. Smith's link, just in case that is helpful to you.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points