New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to anyone listening,

So here's the problem for all takers...

Fox.com gives me the error message:

Please Update Your Flash Player

but the Adobe website assures me I am running version 10.3.183.11 and that this is the latest version.  I have un-installed, re-installed and rebooted using both Firefox and Safari, to no avail. 

I'm running Mac OS 10.5.8 (64-bit) on a 5 year-old Mac mini. 

I'm about ready to try uninstalling the browser, but I'm almost positive this can't be the problem.  I'm open to any suggestions; is there an add-on or something that could help websites identify the proper version?

Thanks if you can find me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem.... Did you ever figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet one more having same problem for at least 2 weeks now.

Have tried all the same remedies:

downloading from FOX.com notice, downloading directly from adobe, both in Safari and Firefox

Also have sent problem report to fox.com TWICE and not even a bounceback.

This tells me PROBLEM IS DEFINITELY FOX !

Anyone ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up guys.  I've reproduced this and I'll see if we have any contacts at Fox that can clarify if this is expected behavior.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Chris:

Very glad to see that you are looking into this.

So many sites don't care OR even respond.

My guess is that FOX's site is not recognizing the newest version & thus treats it as an old one.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Feb. 2012. Same problems as listed above. I can't beleive that htt://www.fox.com shut out Mac's so clearly. Cause I'm 100% certain like the others that I've done all the right things, and I'm on the right platforms. So it's an issue on their end which is unfortunate for fans. And advertisers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANY solution or update to this problem? It's May 2012 and still having issues. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a decision on FOX's part to disable older versions of Flash Player less than 11.0.  I understand that this affects users of older operating systems that are unable to install past 10.x.  While I don't have anything official I can tell you, I do know that some users have been able to work around this limitation by using modified versions of the player that report back a different version.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4065402#4065402

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, Thanks for a very credible answer. Is FOX aware that Mac Flash release No.'s are different from PC release No.'s ? It is very believable that they ARE that stupid. We can be on the newest OS and the latest release of Flash, but FOX isn't smart enough to recognize this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll follow up again with our video team to see if we can pass this information along to Fox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines