Skip navigation
Syrax1
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS5 file associations not correct...

Jan 31, 2012 6:54 AM

When I try to open an office 2007 document, the default application is set to Thunderbird and when I try to edit it in the Edit>Preverences>File Type Associations, it isn't listed at all. My OS default applicaions for Office 2007 files are all correct, it's just Bridge that I have the problem. Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to Syrax1

In File type associations you need to click on Browse and navigate to Office2007.exe or whatever the program is called to open the file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2012 9:33 AM   in reply to Syrax1

You have to go to the program, not the files.  So what ever program you view the files on is what you want to navigate to and set as default.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2012 11:56 AM   in reply to Syrax1

I do not see .pptx listed as a supported file in Bridge.

So you will have to go into the Win7 Control Panel/default programs/associate files and change it there.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to Syrax1

Rather than begin another thread about essentially the same subject... this is for CS3 Bridge

Since I finally uninstalled previous CS version, now when I open up Bridge and right-click PSD image to say, open in AI, my options are only all browsers (?!) and Photoshop which is the program assoc. with PSD that I set in File Type Assoc in Bridge. Used to be able to view most Adobe programs when right-clicked before I uninstalled old CS.

It's annoying and I'm not sure how to restore/fix.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 6:53 PM   in reply to KittyKitty

Uninstalling an old version, will believe it or not, cause the file associations to revert to the uninstalled version.  Not an easy fix.

It appears you either need to start over or delve into the registry.  See this link.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/423584?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 8:06 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Sorry for the double post - thanks again for your response Curt!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points