Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error: ticktime.cpp-207

Jan 31, 2012 8:04 AM

Tags: #error #premiere #cs5.5 #ticktime.cpp-207

I'm getting an error in Premiere Pro CS5.5. While my project is loading and the status bar at the bottom shows that a file GOPR0139.MP4 is loading a popup window opens saying Premiere Pro has encountered and error. [..\..\src\TickTime.cpp-207].  This file is in one of my project bins, however I have not placed it in the timeline yet.  After I close the error window the program doesn't crash and I'm able to work on my project.  Following this I'll frequently see in the status bar at the bottom an indicator bar saying Conforming GOPR0139.MP4 and GO010136.MP4.  GO010136.MP4 IS in my timeline however as I said before GOPR0139.MP4 is NOT.

Anyone know why I am getting this error and how to fix it? I'm using Premiere Pro CS5.5 on a Windows 7 machine.

Thanks!

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to j0sh3w1ng

Clean your Media Cache, close PR and open it again. Load your project and be patient while indexing, conforming and generation of peak files is performed. Wait until that process is finished before starting your editing. See the lower right hand corner of the screen.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to j0sh3w1ng

Have you waited until ALL Conforming has completed, for all Imported files? This ARTICLE goes into more detail on Indexing and Conforming files.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2012 2:56 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Even in cs6  this error still comes up. i do span cache files and media files on a different drive then the actual project files. does that make a difference?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 2:38 AM   in reply to j0sh3w1ng

has anyone found a solution for this? I suddenly got this error this morning (PP CS6) on a project that was working perfectly when i left it last night! Nothing has changed (hardware or software)

I'ver deleted all the media cache files, previews, etc.....but i get the error as soon as i open the file again

any solutions?

thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 4:17 AM   in reply to viva_la_zoom

In my case i've solved the problem by removing all stabilization from nested sequences.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 5:53 AM   in reply to NataliaUrsa

ive found it can be caused by crashes or errors when using de-noiser accross multiple clips. An examble being a copy and paste from one to another.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 9:34 PM   in reply to viva_la_zoom

Same problem as me this morning - any help from Adobe on this one. PLEASE!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to ShaunLawson

Just had this problem with my project! I tried to create another project and imported it, but when I tried to open it again, the same error code appears on the screen. This is a DV project with two sequences less than 6 minutes, Source with about nine tracks and multicam sequence. Did anyone managed to resolve the issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 8:43 PM   in reply to srukweza

I had the same problem tonight.  I found that if I just kept clicking the "continue" box Premiere Pro CS6 would finally open!!!  It took about a minute or two of constant clicking.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 11:27 PM   in reply to thorpel1

Same here Thorpe1. CS6.

Clicking continue for a while does in fact open the project.

When you export via Media encoder, you will need to the do the same.

Carefuly because the window on mine was hidden behind the main window.

This problem is a nightmare! The most serious bug for me ever. I don't want to be locked out of a project that took days/weeks to complete.

>>>>> Come on Adobe <<<<<<

I have support you since the early days back with version 4.2, we need a fix to this urgently.

Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 2:22 AM   in reply to ShaunLawson

CS6 is very disappointing indeed. How long do we have to wait to have these issues fixed?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 2:55 AM   in reply to srukweza

yeah, i can click 100 times and the error eventually goes away but thats not a very elegant or definite solution.

I find myself constantly battling with CS6 instead of editing these days. This is a problem inherited from CS5, about time to get it sorted ,Adobe!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 3:08 AM   in reply to viva_la_zoom

Can you imagine that happening in front of your clients. They will think that you are using some cracked software to get by and their project is bound to be messed up.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to srukweza

We'd be happy to look into your issues, but we need some more information besides just telling us you are getting the same error.

If you are receiving an error message, please give us the information leading up to it.

Give the exact error code you received.

Let us know what you were doing when you got the error code (opening projects, launching Premiere, etc)

Give us the stats on your computer - Windows or Mac, which version of operating system, how much RAM. 

There is a document that gives the breakdown of what we need to be able to troubleshoot issues like this -- http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961741?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 1:38 PM   in reply to Greg Baber

We'd be happy to look into your issues, but we need some more information besides just telling us you are getting the same error.

If you are receiving an error message, please give us the information leading up to it.

Give the exact error code you received.

Let us know what you were doing when you got the error code (opening projects, launching Premiere, etc)

Give us the stats on your computer - Windows or Mac, which version of operating system, how much RAM.

I last edited this project on the 4th of July 2012 and I tried to open it then got that error message. This project is made of 3 sequences all less than 6 minutes. The source sequence has got 9 tracks of DV PAL footage 4 x 3 aspect ratio. In the multicam sequence I have got some DVD footage (VOB files) Magic bullet looks applied in an adjustment layer.

SYSTEM SPECS

Windos 7 Pro 64 bit

PP CS6

Dual Quad Xeon @ 3ghz

32gb ram

GTX 570

256GB SSD (C)

2 X 1.5TB in RAID 0 media files

8 TB Raid 3 storage, media cache, previews (esata)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 7:38 AM   in reply to Greg Baber

We also are receiving this error with nearly every project we open. We are using Windows 7 as well. It appears to happen once we've added an audio filter. I don't know if it's related or not, but added EQ, denoiser, etc seems to cause this error the next time we open the project file.

Curiously enough, once we receive the error we get a message in the effects control window telling us that the audio filter is unavailable. Even if it's on the same machine! Very strange. We have to delete the audio filters and start over.

I'm not sure if the issue is related or not, but it is a strange coincidence.

Hope that helps in your troubleshooting.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2012 8:47 PM   in reply to jeremy.doublestein

Well it seems that this error is occuring when some kind of an effect is applied on multiple clips. For me that it happened after applying the Warp Stablizer in numerous spots simultaneously.  The error occurred after rebooting.  This is using CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 6:28 AM   in reply to thorpel1

thorpel1 wrote:

Well it seems that this error is occuring when some kind of an effect is applied on multiple clips. For me that it happened after applying the Warp Stablizer in numerous spots simultaneously. 

My sequence has got the warp stabilizer on more than two clips.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to srukweza

That's true in my case too. Although I do have some project with more than one clip that has the warp stabilizer effect applied and I seem to have no trouble with those. So it doesn't seem to be a consistent problem for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to jeremy.doublestein

yes this seems to be the case.  the problem doesn't seem to occur until I have applied  numerous applications of the warpstabilizer on a sequence.  a few of them doesn't seem to cause a problem it's only when I have put a lot of them on the sequence.  unfortunately I can't tell you what that exact number is.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to j0sh3w1ng

" NataliaUrsa, In my case i've solved the problem by removing all stabilization from nested sequences."

I followed NataliaUrsa's post for this same problem, as I had nested and warp stabalized 5 shots in a large project, removed the warp stabalizer completely, and problem solved. Just stabalized those shots in AE. Seems like warp stabalizer is not bug free yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 12:34 PM   in reply to Greg Baber

Hi Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to us on here.Sorry for delay in my reply, to be honest I thought my error was a one off, I was wrong.....

I'm going to try to give you as much info as poss to get this bug fixed.

I have done three projects with CS6, all using same type of effects and plugins. The built in Warp Stabilzier being one of them.

All of them using multi camera editing, which in is a total nightmare in CS6, another bug? Its stops and starts and hangs lots. CS5.5 never once, Same machine.

The seconds project has been fine - so far!

Projects 1 and 3 I'm having problems. I was happly editing. Saved. Then exited. Straight after going to the windows desktop, a message told me Premiere had crashed!

Although in my eyes it didn't. No hang or nothing.

When trying to reload these two project I get the error:

Premiere Pro Debug Event.Premiere Pro has encounter an error.[..\..srczTickTime.Cpp-207]

If you press continue for like 20 seconds the projects are loading - for now! But I'm so scared one day it wont open!!!

I have 16Gig Ram / Tons of drive space and fast intel processor. 64 Bit Windows 7 Pro. Only used for video editing.

Please let me know if you need any other info.

This error is very worrying. My confidence in Premiere and Adobe is pretty low at the moment and, in a way, i'm pretty upset being along term user.

It's a bad bug - please, please help. Also, performance using multi-cam editing

Best Wishes,

Shaun

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to ShaunLawson

I am not sure on the errors.  I'll do some research and hopefully someone on the forums has seen this and fixed it in the past.

In terms of multicam performance in CS6 - it is a different system from CS5.5.  Instead of using proxies that were forced in the 4 camera setup, we give you the flexibility to add as many cameras as you want.  It does mean that the footage that is being used is your actual footage and not a lesser version.  So, the performance will be effected by the typical needs of Premiere - the footage needs to be easily read, and the system needs to have enough processing.  Your memory and processing should be fine, but depending on the codec of the footage that is being used, you may need a faster hard drive.  Always keep the footage on a local drive, not networked and not external.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 11:05 PM   in reply to Greg Baber

Hi Greg,

Thanks you! Please do research as much as possible. It's not a nice bug. I really don't want to spend hours on a project, then to be locked out!

Multicam I'm unhappy with, but now you have explained the situlation, it's something I'm trying to resolve.

The hanging happens when you stop the footage from recording, then rewind to correct an edit. I'm using 3 streams of AVCHD. So tough I know.

Media pending screen pops up for around 5 seconds, then the MC edit screens show the start of the edit. *At this point if you wait around 15 seconds, then restart editing, its fine. But its a a major turn off.

* I also found when syncing clips, chop them up on the timeline in smaller chucks.

Its a shame Adobe decided to use the actual footage when editing these MC sequences, the proxies worked very, very well! Can't this be programmed to use proxies, instead of making us all upgrade!

Again thanks your fro reply, it really is appreciated.

Shaun

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 9:21 AM   in reply to srukweza

I have just started to encounter the same issue with a project that has been working fine up until now. I have a sequence that I have started to apply warp stabilizer effects to and the issue seems to have appeared since then.

I will try removing the effects and then clearing caches to see if this fixes problem. If so, then suggest that these effects are not added until you are basically finished and ready to export project. Alternatively take the clips into AE and stabilize there.

I agree it is an annoying bug and needs to be addressed. My fear is that one day simply clicking on "continue"  won't clear the error.

For those people at Adobe who are needing the error message here is a screenshot

Screen Capture-24.png

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 9:24 AM   in reply to Greg Baber

Hi Greg,

Thanks for helping with this issue this is the error message again that I am getting. It appears to be different for each person and might be something to do with applied effects (particularly the warp stabilizer in CS6). You simply have to hit Continue until it goes away and loads the project. I believe that the number of times you have to hit continue is relative to the number of clips with the troublesome effect applied. At least that is my theory.

Obvious fear being that one day it simply won't let me into the project that I will have wasted a serious period of time on!

Hope you guys can issue a bug fix really soon!

Screen Capture-24.png

Kind Regards,

Alex

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to COFilms

I wasn't able to find any specifics on that error message.

At this point, I would recommend filing a bug report. Give as much information as possible as to the workflow that leads up to the error - that helps engineering determine the underlying cause.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2012 11:34 PM   in reply to Greg Baber

Greg, thanks for all you have done on this.

If you get time, would you look at this other bug I have, Iv;e posted on: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4641077   

We need to get everyone on board filing a bug report. Power in numbes!

So guys and girlies, please leave one. It only took me about 2 minutes. The powers at be, may sit up and listen.

I personally think CS6, with this bug and another I have found, is on the edge of not fit for its purpose, therfore refunds maybe possible.

Hopefuly a fix soon.....

Regards, Shaun

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to j0sh3w1ng

I think the reason is multicam , because I made huge project in CS6 with  warp, sharp, denoiser.....  but when I make multicam sequence , just from that time the project crushed, because I did many copes of the project and fortunately I don't loose my whole job, so with every program just do many "save as"   and I always don't like to use multicam in a big projects...

I tried to clean cache but noting...

the problem is in the project file

Just try to import broken project file into a new project and choose sequence may be it will halp to someone ...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2012 2:43 PM   in reply to ddavs

Guys I have done it !   it works (for me))))   

JUST OPEN A NEW PROJECT AND IMPORT CRASHED FILE INTO THE NEW ONE !  

but make sure the new one will be the crashed if you will not to find the problem and fix it just then save it !    in my case it was multicam problem (as I though)

So good luck !

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2012 4:19 PM   in reply to Greg Baber

Greg Baber wrote:

I wasn't able to find any specifics on that error message.

At this point, I would recommend filing a bug report. Give as much information as possible as to the workflow that leads up to the error - that helps engineering determine the underlying cause.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Got the same error message. I submitted a bug report.

With me, about 3 days into an edit of a wedding with multiple sequences and multiple multicam edits, I dragged and dropped a multicam sequence into another sequence and it crashed PPro 6.0.1 on my 2012 imac (10.6.8) with 16gb ram. Got the "Serious Error" message which FORCE CLOSED the program. Upon reopening, I was forced to rename the project and thankfully everything was there. HOWEVER, now anytime I open that newly renamed project it gives me the TimeTick.cpp-207 error message you see above.

IF I CLICK CONTINUE ABOUT 30 TIMES, THAT MESSAGE GOES AWAY AND THE PROJECT LOADS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES (SEEMINGLY).

When I was done with the project, I exported it to Media Encoder, then as each sequence I was exporting was loading into the Media Encoder, each time I got the same error. I'd hit "continue" again about 30 times and it would go away and the project would load up and I could export without issue.

This just scares me. I wasn't about to start over having been 3 days into the project. But I guess its all okay, but I feel uneasy knowing that I just have to hit continue 30 times to open the project and 30 more times to export. Not sure what causes this but if you need any more info from me to help let me know so hopefully this bug will be squashed asap.

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to DMH79

As a test, try creating a new project, then import your current project into the new one.  That may stop those error messages.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to Greg Baber

Greg Baber wrote:

As a test, try creating a new project, then import your current project into the new one.  That may stop those error messages.

Yes, it did stop the error messages. Strange. Well, hope that gets fixed so users don't have to do that in the future but I appreciate the work around. Thank you Greg!!

Now just fix this AWFUL mulitcam bug/issue and I'd be a happy user. It's been 2 years! PLEASE!:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/738084?start=0&tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to DMH79

I'm happy that helped.  Just to let you know, that's not something we can fix, as it was a case of some corruption in the project files.  It happens, and this is the best way to fix that. 

As for the multicam bug/issue, I am going to say it's the third option - a quirk.  I personally agree that the multicam system can have it's headaches.  I will also let you know that improvements to the multi-cam workflow are a focus of the Premiere Pro team.  Give us those feature requests so we know how customers want the process to work.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to Greg Baber

Greg Baber wrote:

I'm happy that helped.  Just to let you know, that's not something we can fix, as it was a case of some corruption in the project files.  It happens, and this is the best way to fix that. 

As for the multicam bug/issue, I am going to say it's the third option - a quirk.  I personally agree that the multicam system can have it's headaches.  I will also let you know that improvements to the multi-cam workflow are a focus of the Premiere Pro team.  Give us those feature requests so we know how customers want the process to work.

Well, I'm glad there is a fix, even if it is a workaround, it still allows one to work without the issue happening again so I'll take that any day.

As for the multicam "quirk"...I completely and wholeheartedly disagree. Forgive me for adding this on this thread but I wouldn't know how to address you specifically over in the actual thread about the multicam bug/issue:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/738084?start=0&tstart=0

If you read that forum thread you'll see that many have been complaining about it for years and put in those "feature requests" for two years but nothing has changed. It is driving users away (according to that thread) and it almost drove me away. It is not a quirk. It is a disfunction. Hitting the stop or pause button during a multicam edit should do just that...stop, or pause. That's it. It's that simple! Why does it have to stop, cut and change angles?! That NEEDS to be fixed. Unlike the issue in this thread, there is no workaround that stops it from happening again. Imagine if while watching your regular timeline you hit the spacebar and it pauses the video, makes a cut and then switches to another shot. Wouldn't this be a big issue, or bug, that needs to be fixed asap?! That's what this "quirk" does!

Who would ever want this quirk to happen? It's not like its in any way helpful to certain people and no other editing program stops, cuts, and changes the shot when you hit the pause button. Why, after 2 years of people complaining and feature requests being, made was this not already fixed? Calling it a "quirk" is simply wrong and only allows Adobe to put it aside as a "feature request" that maybe they'll get to one day when bugs are fixed. Again, would you call it a quirk if this happened in the regular timeline as stated above? I'm guessing that would be treated as a bug and probably be fixed quicker. Please, Greg, I know you can't say what is going to be fixed or when, but after 2 years of complaints...is there really any hope? I do appreciate your help and input and if you need to address this issue in that thread above instead of this one, that would be greatly appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to DMH79

Moving this conversation to private messages as this has gotten off topic.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 5:59 PM   in reply to Greg Baber

This error happens with almost every project I work on. My typical project is several sequences eventually all combined into one master sequence. Those individual sequences range from just regular edits of 50-100 clips with music and dissolves and a few color correction and stabilizer effects added to a few multicam sequences. I ran about 30 tests to see if I could narrow down what the cause is and I'm still stuck, although if you read this post until the end you'll find that maybe I'm onto something. NOTE: The above workaround of importing this troubled project into a new project did NOT work like it had in the past with this error.

As you know the error in the screenshot earlier in this post occurs when you re-open a project or try to export it to AME. When the error came up, I had to hit "continue" 384 times for the project to open! (Yes, I counted). The project then opened and I could work normally. But everytime I re-opened I'd have to hit continue the same number of times or more! (Now I have to hit continue 396 times for it to open!).

MY TESTING:

I imported individual sequences into a new project, one at a time, then saved and reopened the new project and the error did not pop up for most of them. BUT... I have one "Main" video sequence with about an hour of footage and 350 clips and several multicam sequences nested in it, and another "Highlight Video" sequence with about 125 clips of those clips and one nested multicam sequence. So I tried just importing only the highlight video sequence and now I only had to hit continue 20 times instead of 396 with the project that had the "main" video sequence. So I tested further.

1) I removed the 15 or so nested clips from this Highlight Video sequence that were pulled from a longer multicam sequence and the error went away.

So was it those specific clips?

2) Well I then re-synced those clips and made a new multicam sequence which I imported into the Highlight Video sequence and the issue was NOT there so I figured it wasn't the clips individually.

So was the fact that the original MC sequence was nested in this sequence?

3) Instead of NESTING the original sequence into this highlight video sequence, I copied and pasted the clips from the original multicam sequence into the Highlight Video Sequence the issue did NOT occur...BUT...

4) If I then took those copied clips and right-click and nested them the error did NOT occur...BUT as soon as I right clicked and ENABLED that nested video as a Multicam clip and saved the project, the error DID occur upon reopening. Same result..."...TickTtime.cpp-207" popus up and you have to hit continue 20 times upon opening and it opens.

Strange. Annoying. Frustrating.

So somehow the original multicam sequence is causing the issue right? If I started a new one with the same clips importing and right clicking and "Nest" the video and then right click and "enable multicam" it works fine with no error messages upon reopening. UNFORTUNATELY, I'm not usually opening and closing projects all the time so I don't know when this issue is occuring since it doesn't crash PP or anything.

So, not sure how the number of times I have to hit continue relates to all this. Obviously the bigger sequence has several nested multicam sequences and I have to hit continue 396 times so I don't know where that number is coming from. Its very frustrating and since the "workaround" above does NOT work this time, its a real pain in the ***.

Finally, I thought maybe its somehow the COMBINIATION of the added multicam sequence to the rest of the 125 or so clips that are in that Highlight Sequence. Why do I think this? Well...

Nesting the original multicam sequence into this Highlight Sequence caused me to have to hit "CONTINUE" 20 times upon reopening (once I had saved it and closed it out). Take away the nested MULTICAM sequence and it opens with NO errors. Hmm. Interesting. So I tested further...

5) I took away the 2nd half of the clips (about 50 or so) from the sequence and left in the original multicam sequence that caused the errors before (again, error occurs upon reopening a project) and by doing this the error DID occur BUT, I only had to hit CONTINUE 16 times now, not 20 like before.

6) So I instead deleted the first half of the clips (about 75 or so) and left the 2nd half of the clips as well as this original multicam sequence and guess what? NO ERRORS! Strange. So maybe it is the combination of clips and a nested multicam sequence. Like I said before, when I made a new multicam sequence with the same clips and nested it into this sequence the error did not occur, but taking the original fully edited multicam sequence and nesting that into this sequence the error DID occur...unless I deleted some of these clips. So I'm at a total loss. I guess I could continue and delete clips in smaller groups to try to identify which clips when combined with this multicam sequence are causing the error but I need a break. My mind is starting to unravel after doing so many tests.

Did any of this make sense? I tried to be as descriptive and thorough as possible in my troubleshooting to find what is causing this annoying error to occur.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 6:49 PM   in reply to DMH79

Unfortunately, I have this error and have not used any Multicam sequences.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points