• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling Code...Insight?...Tooltips?...What are these?

Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Using CF Builder 2 on Win 7)

Assuming I'm using the right phrases since I'm new to this editor, but Code Assist, I like that.  When you type part of a tag and it gives you the option of tags or attributes/etc.  I don't want to disable that.

But my mouse rests over code and up pops these light yellow background blocks of text that can be varying in size and are appearing so often throughout my coding that it is fast becoming annoying.

For example, I rested my mouse over a CFFUNCTION tag and it says:

CFFUNCTION

Description: Defines a function that you can call in CFML. Required to defined CFML component Methods.

They all end with the same notice "Press F2 for Focus".

Is there anyway to get rid of these things?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might do the trick:

http://eclipseone.wordpress.com/2010/08/24/configure-tooltips-in-eclipse-to-only-popup-on-request/

Yes, it says "java", but it works in Flash Builder, so it may work in Coldfusion Builder just as well.

Afterall they're all just Eclipse variants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the link, however after following those tips and opening up a ColdFusion file, the tooltips are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup you're right. Doesn't work for ColdFusion and if a similar option like the one for Java isn't available under the ColdFusion preferences I'm afraid there's no way to turn it off.

In that case you could file an enhancement request.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=newFeature

In case you do, post it here so people can vote for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation