Skip navigation
e__bennett
Currently Being Moderated

How Can I disable page scrolling when creating an interactive PDF using InDesign?

Feb 3, 2012 5:05 AM

Tags: #help #scrolling #pdf #cs5.5 #indesign #scroll #portfolio #pages #interactive #page #hyperlinks #page_navigation #interactive_pdf #page_scrolling

I'm attempting to create an interactive PDF portfolio with links from the homepage to gallery pages and projects etc, but it seems useless if I can't stop the PDF pages from scrolling? Can anyone help?

I have InDesign CS5.5 and Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to e__bennett

If you’re looking for help with the PDFs you’re going to get way more attention in the Acrobat forum.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 5:52 AM   in reply to e__bennett

When exporting from InDesign to Adobe PDF (Interactive), you can set the page view to Fit Page. Normally in Acrobat/Reader, you can't stop a reader from changing the view and scrolling the page if they choose. Is that what you're trying to prevent?

You could open the pages in Full Screen view, another option in Page View, where scrolling is not an option.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 6:35 AM   in reply to e__bennett

scrolling through the pages

There is nothing you can do to prevent a viewer from navigating on their own through a PDF. One method would be to have the PDF open in Full Screen mode, this hides the navigation tab. But a viewer can use their arrow keys to go page to page, ignoring the links within the PDF. And the viewer can hit the esc key to go back to normal view. Another option would be to use a swf export, indstead of pdf, but seriously depends on how you plan to distribute this portfolio.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points