• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change start page for project?

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH8 and trying to update the start page for an existing project. I opened the properties and here's a pic:

htmlhelpproperties.png

you'll see the field for Default topic is greyed out. but what's interesting is that the topic named in the field is not the opening topic for the project. So, what I'm asking is: why is the default topic a different topic than what is the opening topic of the project? second, how can I change it since it's greyed out?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this thread - http://forums.adobe.com/message/873464#873464

Rick's answered this a few times ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jeff,

I looked at Rick's post on this. but following what I think he advised, I chose Select > Default Topic, chose a topic, then nothing happened as far as changing the default topic. what am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for all the help from everyone on this topic of changing the Default Topic. I still have a problem when I hit the Select box and select a different file to change the Default Topic. It still keeps the old one.

I'm using RH8. any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you fully patched up on RH8? I can change the default in RH 9 fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I'm on 8.02.208. I've noticed that the field shows two files as follows:

CalloutGuide\ABB_Docs\s6010001_Executive_(EXC)_SDD_122104_files\Introduction\Purpose.htm

where "Purpose.htm" is what displays when I generate the project.

the other one, is s6010001_Executive_(EXC)_SDD_122104_files. I don't know what format this is, but there is a folder as well as an htm named this in the project (but without the "files" at the end).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite following you - click on the Select button and you should get a list of all topics. You can either pick the new desired topic off the list or use the dropdown to browse to the desired folder to narrow down the list. Maybe you need to post a shot of what you're seeing when you click the Select button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. Here's a pic:

HTMLhelpdefault.png

as you can see when you look at the field: Default Topic, it contains the following:

CalloutGuide\ABB_Docs\s6010001_Executive_(EXC)_SDD_122104_files\Introduction\Purpose.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You may think we can see that it says:

CalloutGuide\ABB_Docs\s6010001_Executive_(EXC)_SDD_122104_files\Introd uction\Purpose.htm

But in fact all it shows us is this:

CalloutGuide\ABB_Docs\s6010001_Executive_(EXC)_SD

So we will have to take your word for it that this is what it says.

What happens if you simply create a totally new topic that says something like this:

HERE IS MY NEW START PAGE

Then ensure it exists at the project root. Configure it to be the new start page. Do you notice it changes then?

Personally I see some issues with what you have. The path seems incredibly long. That can cause issues. And I see a space in what you have posted. The word "Introduction" is appearing as "Introd uction". Not sure if that has anything to do with it or if it's just a typo on your part when entering the post.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp