Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adjust crop and rotation

Feb 3, 2012 2:32 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to Community Help

How do I export the cropped image without reverting to the uncropped original

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to Geoffrey C Smith

You crop the image to your liking and hit <Enter> so that the crop overlay disappears. Then export the image.

WW

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to Community Help

When I try to use the angle tool, it appears as an icon over all parts of my image apart from the middle segment (based on the crop grid), then it disappears and I cannot use it. As soon as I move the cursor to the edges of my photo, it reappears. I did not have this issue with the beta version. Am I missing something?

Currently getting round it by starting the angle line from the sides of the image, but this is not ideal.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 4:47 PM   in reply to Community Help

I need to crop hundreds of images to an 8x10. I crop the first and sync the rest. I make sure the aspect ratio is locked and yet everytime I adjust an image to be bigger or smaller within the crop my aspect ratio always changes to custom. Is there a way to make the 8x10 stick? What am I doing wrong?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2012 5:21 PM   in reply to natalie stephenson

It works fine here. My aspect ratio doesn't convert to custom but remains at the selected ratio.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 10:45 PM   in reply to Community Help

Ok-- so I narrowed down the problem -- or just my problem anyway -- it seems to happen when I change the angle of the crop before syncing crops. When I leave it straight as an 8x10 it works fine. Thoughts? I guess in the future I could just crop to an 8x10, sync and then angle it as desired?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 11:38 PM   in reply to natalie stephenson

Natalie, are you using Autosync in the Develop Module, that will crop and rotate/straighten all selected at once.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to Community Help

Hi Geoff, I have tried doing it in library and develop mode and get them same result -- move the crop in or out it automatically goes to a custom size and the box becomes square.

Where is autosync? Maybe I haven't tried that. I am using the sync button on the lower right in both library and develop. And I have tried the upper right crop tool in library, under the heading "quick develop"

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2012 6:05 PM   in reply to natalie stephenson

Autosync is with the Sync button on Develop - just use the toggle switch there, you need more than one file selected to make it visble. I cannot see what you do on Mac Lion, which OS are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to natalie stephenson

opening LR3 the crop is already set to Original. I want to do a custom crop so I select that. As I'm dragging to my crop size the tool automatically changes back to Original. Why? How to I get the crop tool to actually stay at the setting I have selected?

This problem, like many other LR3 bugs, happens intermittently.

Brett Gilmour

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)