Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to enable DirectX effects (hangs at 92%!)

Feb 5, 2012 11:53 AM

When I try to enable DirectX effects, Audition first refreshes the effects list. It does this fine until it gets to 92%, then it hangs, stopping at the same effect (JetAudio Sound Effector V3) each time. Audition is still running but nothing happens, it just doesn't go any further, and I have to force close the program.

Can anyone think of a way I can stop this one effect from loading? I searched but couldn't find any file with that file name.

I am unable to enable any of my DirectX effects. Thanks for any help.

Replies
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,610 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2012 1:26 PM   in reply to ozworldz

Dodgy DirectX has always been a bit of a problem. Unlike VSTs, which are essentially DLLs that sit somewhere nice and sensible, and you can install and delete them easily, DirectX has to use an installer, and heaven only knows where it puts the appropriate files... although I understand that the real issue with removing them is that they end up as registry entries, and not necessarily straightforward ones either.

Probably the most useful thing I can suggest is that you look at this thread on the KVR forum, where there are a couple of suggestions.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

I too would go for using AnalogX DXMan as suggested on the KVR forum.

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/Audio/dxman/Freeware.htm

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points