Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interfaceing Flash Media Gateway With Asterisks PBX

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have successfully installed and configured Flash media gateway! I have tested the sample Flash Phone provided with the product. Both Flash media gateway and Asterisks are on the same Linux server!

Now the problem is i am unable to get Asterisks work with FMG. The scenario is:

A short code will be dialed from the web interface, now this request needs to be handled in Asterisk Extension instead of FMG's own workflow.xml !

How should i configure FMG? Please help me asap!

TOPICS
Media gateway

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please elaborate with examples of number/short-code you want to dial using FMG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, i have dialed 9595, to set up this short code, i have configured workflow.xml file...its playing some sample sound file which is fine.

Now what i want is that instead of FMG to handle this request in workflow.xml, it should be handled in Asterisks.conf file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) In workflow.xml findout rtmp context node i.e. <Context name="rtmp">

2) Put following entry within rtmp Node (as first child);

<Condition variable="destNum" value="^9595$">

<AppNode sequence="1" app="bridge" args="sip|${destNum}@sipGateway"/>

<AppNode sequence="2" app="hangup" args="null"/>

</Condition>

3) Ensure that sipGateway (as in above entry); points to your asterisk server & defined in sip.xml.

Alternatively, you can use <Condition variable="destNum" value="^.*$"> instead to forward all numbers to asterisk. 

This entry already exists in default workflow.xml; these conditions are matched sequentially and first match is executed. You need to ensure that the condition you intend to match does get a chance. Once you attempt a call, Core00.log will provide info to help you understand, which condition is getting matched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, let me try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is sipGateway another file to be configured? or i should just hard code it as in "<AppNode sequence="1" app="bridge" args="sip|${destNum}@xxxxxx"/>"

sorry i am a newbie 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay so sipGateway is the name of Profile in sip.xml...now i am trying Asterisks server IP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines