Skip navigation
Shadow Wolf
Currently Being Moderated

PRE 10 and Logitech C920 WebCam

Feb 8, 2012 4:43 PM

Hi,

I have a Logitech C920 Webcam and have tried using it with Premier Elements 10. It shows up in the capture window (with the admonishment that it does not have device control), If I click on the 'capture' button, I receive a small dialog window that states "Drivers error". See pictures:

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

With the Microsoft generic UVC drivers installed for  vidio, audio and composite usb, I can record but only in 4:3, not widescreen. The preview and the converted file (avi, mpeg, mpg4, mov, etc. is severly out of sync with the audio.

I have pinned this to the video driver by reinstalling the Logitech UVC drivers one by one for the audio, composite, and then the video usb. When I get to the video UVC, that is when the error occurs. In any event, all produce out of sync files. I also tried switching to HDV instead of DV and also the usb setting.

The webcam will capture with the Logitech software, but will not allow me to regulate frame rates or encoding. Presently, I am using NHC's Debut capture software, which allows for complete tailoring of the output.

Although this seems as the way to go, I dislike having to work with multiple projects and would prefer to just deal with one.

OnLocation does see the cam, but does not even see the webcam as being online.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. With webcams being more and more popular and getting to camcorder level of quality, Adobe should try to be more on top of this, seeing as facebook posting and the like are built into most of their programs.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2012 1:36 AM   in reply to Shadow Wolf

I have the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 (an older product) and capturing directly into PRE works fine. The Device Control message you see is correct because it doesn't apply to USB devices

• Have you installed the latest graphics and sound card drivers from the relevant manufacturer's web sites?
    • Have you downloaded the latest drivers for the webcam from Logitech?

2.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to Shadow Wolf

I'm on 13.30.1394.0:

2.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to Shadow Wolf

I have also had the exact same problem with the same webcam, although I've tried it on 2 different Windows 7 machines with the same results.  I have also had issues where video recorded using the Logitech webcam software on the C920 plays back fine in Windows but once imported into Premiere the audio is severely out of sync or plays back at an accelerated rate.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 11:03 PM   in reply to Shadow Wolf

Greetings,

I had the exact same error with the same camera and found that if I completely removed the Logitech software and drivers then I was able to use Premier with no problem. Not the best solution but I believe it's a conflict between the Logitech driver and the software that Adobe uses to natively support the camera hence the 'Driver error' message when the application tries to access the camera. A rather large downside is that it leaves you without camera control or the ability to adjust the video quality settings. But if you absolutely must use Premier then at least this will allow you to do so.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points