Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Digital IDs

Feb 10, 2012 6:14 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2012 6:14 AM   in reply to Community Help

As usual, poor directions.  I tried to create a digital signature following your directions.  Step 9 says to type a password.  But I was never given the option to type a password.  Do you not even try to use your own directions?

Now I have a digital ID with no password and no help from you.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 30, 2012 3:08 PM   in reply to Community Help

I have the same concern. No prompt for password. How secure is this certificate?!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 1:47 AM   in reply to lowellite

If you select "Windows Certificate Store" when creating a new self-signed ID, there is no password step as the ID is secured directly against your Windows login. If you choose PCKS#12 the private key is stored in a file which can be copied onto external storage, attached to emails, etc. so must be protected by a password.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to Dave Merchant

Apparently I got the password prompt when I created my digital ID but forget what it is.  Now, I am trying to find a way to retrieve the password but find nothing in the Help to address the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 10:05 AM   in reply to Community Help

Hi, For this step..."Type a password for the digital ID file. For each keystroke, the password strength meter evaluates your password and indicates the password strength using color patterns. Reconfirm your password". Where is the "Reconfirm your password"? I only get 1 password box & when I click finish, it ways "Passwords do not match"

Thanks Much!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 3:53 AM   in reply to Kandy Kain

Hi Kandy,

I think you are using Windows 7 64 bit machine, Could you try pressing 'TAB key ' on your keyboard after typing your password, and then retype your password.

Let me know if that helps!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to pranavj

Thank you for your reply. You are correct; I am using a Windows 7 64 bit machine. I tried pressing tab…nope, it didn’t work. All it did was cycle through the fields.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to Kandy Kain

it would not show the confirm password field to you, hence what you need to do is after you input your password press tab once and input the password again to confirm it. Click finish

Workflow would be like:

1. Enter password
    2. press tab once
    3. retype your password
    4. click finish

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to pranavj

YAY! Yes, that worked. Thanks much! And BTW...thanks for being so patient & for spelling it out for us less than sophisticated users!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points