• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing CS5.5 ~ Really need help.. Thank you.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system = WinXP
Trying to install purchased CS5.5 Web Premium on completely clean machine recently reformatted.
Installing from files downloaded from Adobe.

I did a successful install of this last summer, but this time it's been a real pain.
I am completely lost on what is wrong and I have customers waiting for web page fixes.

1. I bought the CS5.5 Web Premium upgrade last summer. I had 4.0 on my system at the time. No problem installing 5.5.

2. Yesterday I wiped my hard drive clean and now need to reinstall CS5.5. I do not have CS4.0 on my machine now.

3. I downloaded my CS5.5 files from Adobe today.

4. The installation instructions said:

"Navigate to the directory containing the downloaded files.... Double-click the Set-up.exe file to begin the installation. In some cases, the Set-up.exe file may open

automatically."

Today, that magic did NOT happen. Nor had it happened last summer.

So I tried to install the files anyhow.

5. On my previous install I opened files individually when the magic didn't happen and it still went okay. But not today.

Today I started with WebPremium_DesignPremium_CS5_5_Content_ALL.exe file. Can someone tell me if opening that file first was a mistake? And if so, what file should I have opened first?

It opened but I can see nothing in my program files. So I tried the three other files with no success... Here are the error messages:

WebPremium_DesignPremium_CS5_5_Content_ALL.exe - - - Which I already opened. No files can be found on my computer, but they must be there.

WebPremium_CS5_5_LS1.exe - - - I get an error message that says it is not a valid Win32 application.

Illustrator_15_1_Content_LS1.exe - - - This acts like it will open and download fine. I did not do it pending why the other files aren't working.

WebPremium_CS5_5_LS1.7z - - - I try to open this and get an error message, "Windows cannot open the file..." and it wants to find it on the Internet.

This worked fine last summer. Can someone help me? Do I need to reformat my whole computer again?

You don't know how appreciated the answer would be. I would be most grateful. Thanks!!!

BLee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebPremium_DesignPremium_CS5_5_Content_ALL.exe - - - Which I already opened. No files can be found on my computer, but they must be there.

Probably not. That really is just the additional content and without a qualifying product install it won't do anything most likely since the directories it expects do not yet exist.

WebPremium_CS5_5_LS1.exe - - - I get an error message that says it is not a valid Win32 application.

Could be damaged, could be blocked. Anything from virus scanners to flakey drives. Could also be missing a critical system library. No way to tell from afar.

WebPremium_CS5_5_LS1.7z - - - I try to open this and get an error message, "Windows cannot open the file..." and it wants to find it on the Internet.

7zip, WinZip, WinRar

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BLee2582 make sure you have finished downloading the content of the 7z file.  It can be quiet large and if it has not finished download cause a number of errors.  WebPremium_CS5_5_LS1.exe is the file that should start the installation process once WebPremium_CS5_5_LS1.7z has finished downloading.  If you attempt to run the executable before the 7z has finished downloading you can receive teh win32 error you got previously.  I would try downloading both files again and make sure the 7z has finished.  Windows will not be able to open the 7z file by itself.  WebPremium_CS5_5_LS1.exe is designed to open this for you. 

WebPremium_DesignPremium_CS5_5_Content_ALL.exe does not contain the product installer.  It contains extra content to assist with using the products such as sample files.  You will want run it after you have installed the product using the other two files. 

Let us know if you still need help.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both so much! I will delete the files I have downloaded and get fresh files. And install my unzip program. I run Kaspersky, so maybe that is blocking it too.

I sure appreciate all your help. Will let you know...

BLee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines