Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to deactivate Photoshop Elements

Jan 11, 2013 4:29 PM

I dont know how to do this. I need to install my disc on a new computer and it told me my serial number is good for 2 computers and i need to deactivate one

please send replys to my email address

[Email address removed]

Message was edited by: Brett N

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2012 6:37 AM   in reply to nam69

You open the Editor on your old PC and on the menu bar click Help à Deactivate

If that doesn’t work you need to contact support at the link below. Click I need help with deactivation and it’s often possible to initiate live chat.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 14, 2012 4:10 AM   in reply to nam69

When you'll go to Editor's Help -> Deactivate..., you'll see a window like

Click on "Deactivate Permanently". It will deactivate your serial number on that machine and you can use that serial number on some other machine.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to nam69

You are looking in editor and not organizer? Do you keep getting a screen asking you to enter your serial number, by any chance?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 10:08 AM   in reply to nam69

Yes, you can't deactivate while working on a photo. That's so you don't lose your work.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to nam69

Actually that doesn't make much sense. Deactivate means "I will never use this program again on this computer", so you can't deactivate unless PSE perceives you're not busy doing something. Obviously you won't deactivate while you're working. Launch the editor then immediately go to Help>Deactivate and that's all it should take.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to nam69

Deactivating has no effect on your pictures or on organizer. It only affects editor. Even so, I would wait till you have completed your organizer backup and are sure you are through with PSE before deactivating it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points