Skip navigation
JimBuchananSpace
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a Cornerfix solution built into Lightroom?

Feb 13, 2012 3:52 PM

For those of you that use Cornerfix to reverse/eliminate corner vignetting and color shift in Leica M8/M9, and other mirrorless cameras using short register rangefinder lenses, is there a way to do this within Lightroom, using a Lightroom feature or a plug-in?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 13, 2012 9:49 PM   in reply to JimBuchananSpace

Unfortunately not - for a number of technical reasons, a plug-in isn't possible, and Lightroom's built-in vignetting corrections can't handle the complexity of the corner problem.

Sandy

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 5:52 AM   in reply to JimBuchananSpace

Not yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 5:56 AM   in reply to MadManChan2000

MadManChan2000 wrote:

Not yet.

I wonder if I interpret it right, if I read this as "it's being planned" or "under construction"?

Desperately needing something more streamlined that Cornerfix. Right now my solution is an export preset which outputs as DNG, stacks it with the original raw, then launches my quick&dirty assistant program which first runs Cornerfix where I need to do the dirty work by hand and after I quit it the file names get fixed by the assistant program - after that the metadata need to be restored in LR. Hardly fun

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 6:05 AM   in reply to perkyle

I understand your need for a more streamlined workflow, but we do not have a solution ready at present.

Eric

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points