Skip navigation
Mark5145
Currently Being Moderated

Unwanted blank pages inserted when creating pdf from scanner

Feb 14, 2012 12:29 PM

Tags: #acrobat #x #adobe #pro #scanner #document #pages #extra #professional #blank #scanning #wanted #scanned

Hello, when creating a pdf from a document scanned via Adobe Acrobat X Pro, the program inserts an unwanted blank page in between each page  being scanned.  So, if scanning 50 pages, we get 100, etc.  How do we remediate this problem?  We have worked with the default settings, to no avail.  We're using a Fujitsu fi-5530c2 scanner.  We would appreciate any input to help resolve this issue!  Thanks Mark

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2012 1:24 AM   in reply to Mark5145

Hi Mark,

This might be because you have selected "Both Sides" in Sides dropdown. I would like to inform you that some Fujitsu scanners can scan both the sides of the page simunltaneously. Thus, when you Scan with this setting, you will get 2 pages for 1 scanned document.

Can you try with "Front Side" scanning once. You will find this option in the Custom Scan dialog. In case, you are using Presets, go to Configure Presets and set the option in the Configure Presets dialog and click button "Save".

-Ankit

|
    Mark as:
  • JR_Boulay
    487 posts
    Nov 23, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 27, 2012 5:37 AM   in reply to Mark5145

Hi,

you can automaticaly fix previously made documents using the Preflight tool.

capture_decran_2012-02-27_a_14.36.35.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 17, 2013 10:12 AM   in reply to Mark5145

I'm having the same problem, but I had already changed the configuration settings - it still scans front and back.  Any other solutions?  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points