Skip navigation
kdeemer
Currently Being Moderated

Help Getting Started with Bridge Scripting

Feb 14, 2012 11:28 PM

I'm trying to learn enough about scripting to understand/modify some simple Bridge scripts, but can't seem to find the proper documentation. I have downloaded the Bridge SDK, have the documents for Adobe Intro to Scripting, Adobe Bridge CS5 javascript Guide and Javascript Reference Manual, and a general Javascript manual. But I can't find where BridgeTalk commands (such as send, onResult, and remote Photoshop calls) are described, as well as many other commands like push, localize, or the use of $ signs.

Can anyone point me to reference materials I would need to learn these things??

Many Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2012 9:47 AM   in reply to kdeemer

Bridge and bridgetalk are two very different subjects… The commands for Bridge will be in the guide for the App… Bridgetalk is like a suite super class and is covered in the Javascript Tools Guide… Its part of the inter app comm section… I think you may have looked for bridgetalk in the Bridge manual… As for push() its a method of Array() And non of the JavaScript base commands are covered in any of the guides… you get those else where… the $ is special to the toolkit and is also covered in the Javascript Tools Guide…

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 1:57 AM   in reply to kdeemer

JavaScript Tools Guide CS5.pdf Should be in a folder along with the ESTK install… You will find most of you subject matter in that. Mine on the mac is located…

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe Utilities - CS5/SDK/JavaScript Tools Guide CS5.pdf

If not then get one from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/scripting.html

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 16, 2012 2:11 AM   in reply to Muppet Mark

The JavaScript Tools Guide can also be accessed via the help in ExtendScript Toolkit

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points