Skip navigation
PhillipSenn
Currently Being Moderated

Should I uninstall cf9 before installing cf10?

Feb 17, 2012 2:49 PM

Tags: #cf9

I'd like to keep my datasources and scheduled tasks,

but I'd like to have a clean install of cf10.

Can I uninstall cf9 and still keep the datasources and scheduled tasks intact?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2012 2:56 PM   in reply to PhillipSenn

Please check the installation instructions, linked to from the release notes.  http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/ColdFusion_10#Installation_Instru ctions  If you have additional questions, please come back here and start a new discussion thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2012 8:57 PM   in reply to PhillipSenn

You can install CF 10 next to an existing CF 9 on the same server. They will not conflict.  During CF10 installation you should probably not configure a webserver if that webserver is already configured for CF9.  Then later, remove the CF9 webserver connector and add the CF10 connector when you're ready.

Once CF10 is installed, it will prompt you to open the CF Admin to complete the migration wizard.  If you do so, all your CF9 settings including mappings, datasources, CFX tags, etc will be migrated over.  You can leave CF9 there as a back up if needed, but shut down.   Once you have another back up some place, and you have tested and verified CF10 satisfies your application needs, then you could uninstall CF9.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to PhillipSenn

As steven told you can migrate the settings while installing CF10 and afterwards uninstall CF9

But still if you want to uninstall CF9 first then you can take a backup of your settings before uninstalling CF9.

Administrator --> packaging and deployment --> ColdFusion archives --> create an archive.

You can select what all you want to migrate.

Once done, this will create a car file which you can later on import in CF10(using same page in CF10)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points