Skip navigation
Zoop11
Currently Being Moderated

Having trouble with custom warp after skewing or altering perspective

Feb 18, 2012 1:10 PM

Hello, I'm using Photoshop CS3, and the warp tool seems to behave differently after performing the skew or perspective transformations.  If I try to warp after doing one of these two transformations, I am unable to click on any of the points or handles.   The only thing it will let me do is alter the lines, but the points themselves cannot be moved.  What am I missing?

Thank you for your help.  Let me know if additional information is needed.

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,942 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Feb 18, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to Zoop11

Are you doing this in one operation?  i.e.   Starting Free Transform, right clicking and chosing Skew, then after adjusting the selection, right clicking again and chosing Warp?

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,942 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Feb 18, 2012 3:18 PM   in reply to Zoop11

Zoop11,  I am sorry but I can't duplicate the problem, although I am using CS5.   Have you tried the usual trick of deleting the preferences file?  I can't link on how to do that without knowing what OS you are using?

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,942 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Feb 18, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to Zoop11

OK.  It's too hard to remember all the small changes from version to version, and I obvioulsy didn't know about the Warp drag handles.  It's surprising how quickly you get used to a new version of Photoshop's additional feature and functionality, and how appallingly bad it feels if you ever have to use an earlier version.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 11:06 AM   in reply to Zoop11

This problem occurs all the time, and has been an issue for at least the last 3 Photoshop releases. It's not just an issue with smart objects either, it happens with rasterized layers as well.

You pull one control arm and it affects the control arm on the opposite side of the object you are warping - or in some cases a control arm stays frozen no matter where you pull.

You cannot get the desired result through multiple transform operations because the grid no longer conforms to the shape of the object.

Will this ever be fixed?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points