There's a nice PULLOUT TABS thing in the DPS Tips I downloaded on the ipad
But I can't make it work, I must be missing something.
Is there a more detailed tutorial (video ?) somewhere about this ? I searched but did not find anything so far.
Thanx a lot !
okay okay i found it, now they call it PULL OUT SLIDERS or TRAYS
Yes, there is an option for hiding scroll bars. You can also specify horizontal only or vertical only for the scrollable frame, so if your content is slightly too wide or tall, you can avoid a wiggle effect.
By the way, the v19 tools are tentatively scheduled for Monday. The release may go out a few days later depending on various factors.
Peter, have you also seen:
More show-up then pull out, but hey, it also works ;-)
Bob, does this mean that you will be able to grab only the object within the in the container?
(I have only tested in the desktop preview) But when I try to grab and pull the content placed within the container, I can also grab any blank space within the container shape. This is obviously pretty frustrating if you have a large pull out tab like in the demo, as you can't put any interactive elements in this space.
And this dead space is still dragable?
So there is no way to create effective pull out "tabs" rather than a giant button the total size of the container shape?
From an interaction point of view this strikes me as a little odd and potentially confusing for the user, to accidentally grab an invisible shape. Are there any plans for this to change in upcoming builds?
Please understand that I'm not trying to complain or argue, I really appreciate your help. It's just that everytime I try to sell using DPS for use in a project things like this result in my colleagues dismissing DPS it because these fundamental issues harm the overall usability of the document.
Thanks again for your great (and quick) reply.
I'm trying to make a pullout tab with pan&zoom, but this option is always off on my Overlay Creator. I only get it using Scrollable Content option. Does anybody knows why I have this problem?
Obs.: all my tools are uptaded to the new DPS release.
You want to use the Scrollable Content option, not Pan & Zoom, to create pull tabs. You still need the dummy frame. Here are the basic steps (from memory):
1. Create the content frame, which includes the grouped panel and tab.
2. Create the container frame the same size as the content frame (panel plus tab).
3. Drag the content frame and the container frame into position. For example, to pull out from the left side of the page, the left side container frame is aligned to the left page edge, and the content frame is mostly in the pasteboard -- only the tab is on the page.
4. Create an invisible dummy frame against the far edge of the container frame (in our left slideout example, the dummy frame is aligned to the right side of the container frame). Group the dummy frame with the content frame objects.
5. Select the container frame and choose Scrollable Objects in the Overlay Creator panel. Choose the sliding direction (horizontal or vertical work best to avoid wiggling), turn off scroll bars, and choose document position.
I show this in my DPS Tips app, but the new version is still in review.
Bob, was reviewing the Pullout Tabs sample on the DPS Tips app (Advanced Overlays). You show an example of the tabs pullout and then a scrolling text within this tab (Beets, Berries, Asparagus, ect...)
Other people have reported this shrinking issue with nested objects, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. Perhaps you could send me the InDesign source file so that I can run it by a tester. firstname.lastname@example.org
We figured out the cause. The nested scrollable frame is completely on the pasteboard. If the pull-out tab frame is dragged so that any part of the nested vertically scrolling frame is on the page, the problem goes away.
Hi Bob, so you can't pullout more than one pagewidth, when you want to do a 2-way scroll?
I wanted to make a pullout that's 1000 mm wide, with different text-blocs next to each other, that scroll seperately from each other. But only the first ones, that are on the pasteboard, sroll. The rest is schrinked...
Or is there a sollution to do this?
Thanks for your answer.