Skip navigation
gnelch4423
Currently Being Moderated

p2p over WLan by Android/iPhone access point

Feb 19, 2012 7:48 PM

Tags: #mobile #wlan

Sorry for my english, I’m from Russia – I have a problem – I have a mobile phone (Android or iPhone), which is the access point, and he gives Wi-fi. To it is attached computer, but I can not get the result you want – I can not establish a connection between them, through Wi-Fi router everything is working fine, thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to gnelch4423

most likely your phone's access point doesn't do NAT hair-pin, where a device inside the NAT (your computer) sending a packet to your phone's public IP address isn't routed inside the phone correctly.

if you are doing groups communication (multicast NetStream or NetGroup), you can use IP multicast peer discovery (GroupSpecifier.ipMulticastMemberUpdatesEnabled=true and add an IP multicast address) to work around this issue. otherwise, 1:1 direct connections may not be possible in your configuration.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 25, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to gnelch4423

you must also enable the server channel (groupSpec.serverChannelEnabled = true) so the server will try to join the group members together. otherwise the server doesn't know about your group.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points