Skip navigation
Martinr7
Currently Being Moderated

How Do I Open Licensing Repair Tool?

Feb 19, 2012 6:33 PM

Maybe a stupid question, but...I cannot open Dreamweaver, following a computer crash. I am told that "Licensing for this product has stopped working." I have downloaded the Licensing Repair Tool for Mac (LicenseRecovery111.dmg), but don't know what to do next. I double-click on it in my Downloads folder, but nothing happens. I would welcome guidance.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2012 6:38 PM   in reply to Martinr7

Have you followed these instructions?

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html

1. Download the LicenseRecovery109.zip (Windows) or LicenseRecovery111.dmg file (Macintosh). 
    2. On Windows extract the download using Winzip, on Mac doubleclick the .dmg file to extract it. 
    3. Important: Close ALL Adobe applications prior to running the tool. 
    4. On Windows: Doubleclick the LicenseRecovery.exe. 
    5. On Mac: Doubleclick the LicenseRecoveryLauncher.app and enter your Mac OS X password when prompted. 
    6. Confirm whether you want to run the tool in English or Japanese by entering e or j and hit Enter. 
    7. The tool will prompt you to enter y if you need to cancel it now in order to close any Adobe applications that are still running. If you wish to proceed with the tool and don’t want to cancel, enter n and hit Enter. 
    8. Follow the on-screen instructions.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 7:29 PM   in reply to Martinr7

Have you tried rebooting?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 10:01 PM   in reply to Martinr7

Try setting a OSX password, install the License Repair Tool then remove the OSX password (if you don't want it)?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2012 6:19 AM   in reply to Martinr7

You have a password on your Mac, but you have been consistently bypassing any login screen.

Otherwise, your Mac would have accepted the [Enter] as your password. This is an operating system issue and not an Adobe Licensing Repair Tool issue.

Here is how you change or recover your password in OS X.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to Martinr7

Which version of OSX are you running?

Snow Leopard, Lion or something else?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 1:17 PM   in reply to Martinr7

Hello,

I am also having a similar problem to Martins'.

Following a repair and memory upgrade of my macbook (OS X 10.6.8),  I am attempting to reinstall programs from Adobe CS3, which I had purchased from a store. I am getting the same 'pop up' of "Liscencing for the product has stopped working", even after deinstalling and reinstalling the programs as that pop up reccomends below that line.

As instructed on Adobe's help website, I have downloaded the LiscenceRecovery111.dmg for the mac. However, like Martin, when I click on its icon for LiscenceRecovery111.dmg (either in finder, or when I drag the icon to my desktop), I get no response.

Following this thread, I did try to search LicenseRecoveryLauncher in my finder, but it doesn't turn any thing up.

Is the LiscenceRecoveryLauncher the very same thing as LisceneRecovery111.dmg? Is that it?

So I am unsure of how to procede to get my Adobe programs running on my computer again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Travis

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 8:41 PM   in reply to Speyedr Cohn

Hi Travis, Martin

I will ask our support engineers to get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 3:03 PM   in reply to Preran

Great, Thanks Alot, that would be great.

Looking forward to talking with them.

Best, Travis

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points