Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

My first iPhone/iPod touch/iPad game!  (built with CS5.5)

Feb 21, 2012 9:49 AM

Tags: #flash #application #game #native_extension #air_application #sniper #clear_vision

Hey everyone!

Tonight it finally happened, Apple approved my game that have been my plague and blessing for over a year now. Completely built with AIR and using nativeExtensions (for the physical mute button so far). I thought it could be interesting for my fellow developers to see a living example of a Flash built game on the AppStore.

Clear Vision (17+)

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id500116670?ls=1&mt=8

It will make you 0.99$ closer to living on the street but hopefully it'll bring you some joy as well;)

Take care y'all!

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2012 10:06 AM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

Looks brutal. Give us some promo codes.

2 Questions, how do you have 20 ratings in the first day? Is there some sort of marketing you are doing for the app?

Second question you says its your first app yet FDG Entertainment lists a bunch of apps on iTunes, is this some sort of group design place?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

Thats awesome, 20 reviews in one day is amazing. I have a free app that has been out for 6 months on the Amazon App Store and has over 40k downloads all to the tune of 17 reviews in that time.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to Mark.Raykhenberg

I went ahead and bought the app. I'm surprised it's NC-17, I mean, a lot of these kids that go crazy and shoot their classmates are under 17. The app could be a training manual.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

I would love to know what you come out with on the first day in terms of downloads. I am working a shooting game at the moment and I am very curious. Good luck. I will go ahead and spring the .99 cents

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 2:40 PM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

On man you are going to break your refresh button tomorow morning, hopefully apple doesn't have one of those delayed sales report days or you will lose your mind

I am excited for you, its like a game but with real money, I am obsessed with checking all the different placed I have my app on the daily and with amazon every few hours.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

I wasn't being serious. It seemed a funny thought at the time I typed it. But then, I used to be a hit man.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 2:48 PM   in reply to Colin Holgate

Colin Hole-in-your-head-gate

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 2:50 PM   in reply to Mark.Raykhenberg

Yes, that was an especially unlucky ricochet.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 8:11 PM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

hey!!! I bought your game, it works perfectly fine on my ipad, it is really cool! I did enjoy it, the telephone feature is so funny...

My woman has an affair with the guy who delivers pizza's Of this I'm sure, I want you to take this as*%^$& out for 1450 US Dollars, ok?

lol!!

I really like the buying stuff, the wind, distance when shooting... nice one. I gave you 5 stars

cheers!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

Nice job on the app, had a lot of fun playing it. How was your debut on iTunes?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2012 4:20 PM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

Dan must have had a heart attack from all the sales. The game is fun, spent my free part of lunch playing it, trully fun, I am inspried, gave you a 5 star review on iTunes as well!!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 4:19 AM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

Wow #3 paid app on the app store currently, that's an insane level of success. Congrats Dan.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2012 5:56 AM   in reply to Mark.Raykhenberg

i love it but how the hell do i get past the level with the car crusher? no matter what i say or do to him he wont tell me anything and he dies

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2012 6:09 PM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

it's April 5th, so u must be waiting for the big wire transfer from Apple, congratulations!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to khundaga khurelbaatar

More ratings than Angry Birds Space, this game is killing it on the App Store. Dan you are my hero.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

Hey Dan,

The game was doing well since launch but lately it has just gone off the charts, was it the release of the free version that prompted this increased success? Are you guys advertising?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 7:31 AM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

Traffic Wonder has been downloaded around 20K (all platforms combined)...  woooahhh, 1.5 million, OMG! this is absolutely insane!! I was one of the first buying your game, first time I played it I quite liked it but if I have to bet that it was going to be that successful, I have to confess I won't do it (not even today), for many reasons, first the initial impresion about concept and idea wasn't a new proposal or quite unique (which is still valid, since new ideas are very risky), but second STICKMAN has been used for decades in the market over and over and over, and over again, and third, I have found some pieces in the UI that were againts the iOS Human Interface Guidelines... anyway, this is really crazy, all I can say now is CONGRATULATIONS.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 12:30 AM   in reply to Dan Erhard Olsson

Dan congrats once again, I figured you were raking it in seeing as you were playing with the big boys like Angry Birds and Draw Something, but 1.5mil, holy crap. Nice going.

I hope the updates give new life to the app, but I am sure you will be happy even if it never sells another copy again, you did what we all dream of.

Now its time to conquer android, I feel like android users will respond greatly to this game due to its violent nature

BTW how do you find out how you are ranked in different countries?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)